iDEA News and Articles
News and articles from the Gaming industry
- States will up the Ante: More states will legalize online sports betting and iGaming, giving consumers more safe options to legally play. For example, an Indiana bill to legalize iGaming has already gathered lots of momentum after iDEA spent the past couple of years educating policymakers in the state. Lawmakers now have updated data from other jurisdictions and are learning that legalized iGaming protects consumers and generates millions of dollars in tax revenue that supports education, public safety and other critical community needs.
- Innovation is the Industry’s Ace in the Hole: From improved usability and functionality to licensing and partnerships to creating fun, community-oriented experiences for online players — innovation is key to the industry’s success. Companies that provide regulated, legalized sports betting and iGaming will continue to find innovative and creative ways to attract and keep customers playing in a responsible manner.
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Brand Consolidations are in the Cards: As more jurisdictions embrace the benefits of responsible gaming and legalize online sports betting and iGaming, both the horizontal and vertical markets will even themselves out through M&As. Tech companies, including payment and security platforms, will be enticing to the leading business-to-consumer providers looking to innovate and reduce competition in the growing legal market. In addition, the extension of iGaming into more legalized markets will drive more M&A activities around content and media providers.
- More Consumers Will Play Their Cards Right: With increased regulation and legalization comes more players — all of whom will benefit from the safe and innovative experiences being created by responsible iGaming providers.
- Responsible Gaming Commitments Will Sweeten the Pot: With growth in the regulated, legalized online sports betting and iGaming markets will come increased commitments from providers to provide responsible gaming experiences to consumers. Online gaming operators will continue to build upon the responsible gaming foundations they laid by working to prevent crime, protect privacy, keep children off online gambling sites and offer assistance and intervention to consumers in need.
- Calling a Spade a Spade: Illegal Online Gaming: Awareness will continue to grow regarding the deleterious effects of illegal internet-based gambling. Cheating, fraud, money laundering, underage gambling… these are all byproducts of illegal, unregulated online sports betting and gaming sites. Consumers and lawmakers alike will increase demand for the legal, safe alternatives.
December 19, 2022
The New York Times’ sports betting series, published Nov. 20, ignores the myriad of consumer protections and community benefits derived from legal and regulated sports betting… MORE
Anaxi™ — Aristocrat’s Dedicated Online Real Money Gaming Business — Joins iDEA Growth WASHINGTON, D.C. (Oct. 17, 2022) — iDEA Growth (iDevelopment and Economic Association), the… MORE
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Aug. 4, 2022) – States that have not legalized online casino-style gaming are missing out in billions of dollars in tax revenue that could… MORE
iDEA's Responsible Gaming Initiative
See how we ensure the fairness of the game, the safety of
consumers and children, and the security of player information.