iDEA News and Articles
News and articles from the Gaming industry
- Axios, 10.6.20 – Sports Betting Apps Still Have Low Awareness
- Sports betting stocks have been some of the best performers on the market this year, with DraftKings shares up 466% and Barstool Sports-backed Penn National up 176%.
- Bloomberg, 10.5.20 – DraftKings And Holders Cash In On Record Rally Amid Betting Boom
- DraftKings Inc. and some investors are taking advantage of the stock’s 264% surge from an April debut to sell a combined 32 million shares.
- PlayWV, 10.5.20 – FanDuel, BetMGM Push The Greenbrier To The Top Of The WV Sports Betting Market
- The Greenbrier now claims the top spot in West Virginia sports betting. Despite having an exclusive retail sportsbook reserved for its guests, the resort is responsible for the majority of the betting handle in the state thanks to its two online sports betting apps.
- Bloomberg, 10.6.20 – Universities Begin To Tap Into Lucrative Sports Betting Craze
- College sports’ first major foray into the sports betting world could lead to far-reaching tax and intellectual property issues to contend with down the road, lawyers say.
- Sports Handle, 10.5.20 – ‘They Own Saturdays:’ Sportsbooks Happy To Offer As Much College Football As They Can
- The start of the 2020 football has provided a jolt for sports betting operators — enough so that one DraftKings executive called the first weekend of the NFL season a “Super Bowl” level event in terms of handle.
- SBC Americas, 10.6.20 – COVID Poses Problems For Oddsmakers As NFL Schedules Take A Hit
- NFL bettors were handed a reminder as to just how quickly a pandemic can alter the sports landscape after two COVID-19-related postponements made for a lighter Sunday schedule last weekend.
- SBC Americas, 10.5.20 – Betting On Sports America Returns As SBC Confirms 2021 Live Events Calendar
- SBC has announced the resumption of its physical events program, marking the return of the hugely successful Betting on Sports America conference in New Jersey next June.
- Elite Sports NY, 10.5.20 – Casinos Want Single-Skin System For NY Online Sports Betting
- There’s optimism that New York will legalize online sports betting in 2020, but how many skins are given out to casinos is still a question.
- Play Pennsylvania, 10.5.20 – Breaking: After Seven Months, Return of Live Poker Rooms in Pennsylvania Coming Soon
- We aren’t bluffing. Some poker rooms in Pennsylvania could be reopening in a few weeks.
- The Action Network, 10.5.20 – Once Promising Massachusetts Sports Betting Bill Now Aims For 2021
- New casinos, bipartisan legislative support and a rabid sports fanbase seemingly made Massachusetts the perfect legal sports betting candidate.
- IGB North America, 10.6.20 – NH Lottery Appoints First Director Of Sports Betting
- The New Hampshire Lottery has appointed Daniel Maloney as its first director of sports betting, as it looks to manage the expansion of legal wagering across the state.
- CBS Baltimore, 10.5.20 – Sports Betting On Ballot In Maryland This Fall; Hogan Expects Measure To Pass
- Voters in Maryland will be able to weigh in this fall on whether sports betting should be legal in the state.
- Sports Handle, 10.5.20 – Tennessee Action 24/7 Gets Conditional Sports Betting Approval As TEL Hurtles Toward Nov. 1 Go-Live Date
- The Tennessee Education Lottery now has seven applications from companies to operate mobile sports betting platforms in the state, and on Monday it approved a fourth to potentially go live on Nov. 1.
- PlayTenn, 10.5.20 – Lights, Camera, Action 24/7 Gets Conditional Sportsbook License In Tennessee
- The Tennessee Education Lottery (TEL) officially approved Action 24/7 for a conditional sportsbook license in the state.
- TN Bets, 10.5.20 – Seven Sports Betting Companies Looking For Entry Into Tennessee
- On Monday, the Tennessee Education Lottery held another meeting to approve firms for involvement in the state’s upcoming online/mobile sports betting industry.
- Online Poker Report, 10.5.20 – Wynn, GAN Hoping For A Quick Start In Michigan Online Gambling
- Wynn was a late arrival to the New Jersey, but will attempt to hit the ground running in Michigan.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.6.20 – Window For Michigan Market Access Closing As Wynn Enters Fray (subscription paywall)
- Wynn Resorts has scooped one of Michigan’s last market-access deals for online gaming and sports betting, partering with the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians and platform supplier GAN.
- PlayMichigan, 10.5.20 – Detroit Sportsbooks Now Serving Tennis, European Soccer And Asian Baseball
- Detroit sports fans were not able to bet on last month’s US Open tennis tournament, as Naomi Osaka added to her young legend.
October 6, 2020
Washington, DC – May 18, 2020 – Online gaming numbers soared in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware after Covid-19 forced the closure of casinos in 43… MORE
Today’s gaming revenue numbers from New Jersey are a case in point for our times: online gaming and poker numbers soared last month in a pivot… MORE
Yesterday, Ifrah Law submitted an amicus brief on behalf of the iDevelopment and Economic Association (iDEA) in the First Circuit Court of Appeals. The amicus brief… MORE
iDEA's Responsible Gaming Initiative
See how we ensure the fairness of the game, the safety of
consumers and children, and the security of player information.