- PlayColorado, 4.9.20 – Sports Betting Boom Could Take Place In Late Summer, Early Fall
- It is always a fun debate among sports fans and bettors – what is the best time of the sports calendar?
- Legal Sports Report, 4.9.20 – Gentlemen, Start Your Consoles: NASCAR iRacing Betting Legal In Nevada, New Jersey
- Both Nevada and New Jersey gambling regulators recently approved betting on NASCAR iRacing.
- SBC Americas, 4.9.20 – US Online Poker Skyrockets According To Global Poker Report
- Research conducted by US online social poker room Global Poker has revealed that the use of online poker sites in the United States has increased by 43% following the implementation of the COVID-19 imposed social distancing and lockdown measures.
- US Bets, 4.10.20 – How Many Millions Will Legal US Sportsbooks Miss Out On Without Baseball This April?
- There was no March Madness this year, sadly, and as SportsHandle calculated, that might have cost legal U.S. sportsbooks nearly $1 billion in betting handle and almost $70 million in revenue.
- Gambling Insider, 4.9.20 – Leading CEOs To Shape Post-Pandemic Future For Betting Industry At SBC Digital Summit
- The opening day of the SBC Digital Summit will see many of the industry’s highest-profile CEOs share their vision of how sports betting operators can survive the downturn caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and bounce back stronger than ever.
- NJ Online Gambling, 4.9.20 – New Jersey Horsemen, Leagues Cross Swords In $150M Court Filings Duel
- The two-year-old war of words between attorneys for the New Jersey Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association (NJTHA) shows no signs of cooling down – not with up to $150 million at stake.
- US Bets, 4.8.20 – ‘Ridiculous’ And ‘Senseless’ – Lawmakers, Casino Industry Urge Trump To Step In For Workers
- The American Gaming Association has urged President Donald Trump, a former Atlantic City casino owner, to step in to help address what it says is a flaw in the rules implementing a portion of the CARES Act.
- SBC Americas, 4.9.20 – AGA’s Miller Requests Immediate White House ‘Intervention’
- Building on the release of his recent statement, American Gaming Association (AGA) President and CEO Bill Miller has now sent a letter to President Trump regarding the Paycheck Protection Program’s (PPP) Interim Final Rules released by the Small Business Administration (SBA).
- PlayNJ, 4.9.20 – NJ Gaming News: Online Poker Dominates The Weekend, DGE Says No Election Betting
- Since the state went on lockdown, it looks like a lot of gamblers are returning to their roots: poker. Online poker in NJ has been quite busy and it is good to see so much activity on the virtual felt.
- Penn Bets, 4.10.20 – Snooker? There’s Big Money In Old British Ball-And-Cue Game, Available For Betting In PA
- At least three Pennsylvania mobile sportsbooks allow betting on snooker, along with a host of other relatively unknown sports.
- US Bets, 4.9.20 – Connecticut Governor Says ‘No’ To Tribal Requests For Immediate iGaming
- Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont and tribal leaders in the state have long been at odds over an expansion of gaming that includes adding retail and mobile sports betting to the list of offerings at the Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods Casinos.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.9.20 – Weekly WV Sports Betting Results Show Coronavirus Impact In Real-Time
- The impact on sportsbooks from the coronavirus’ sports shutdown can be seen from the weekly results from WV sports betting in March.
- TUNF, 4.10.20 – Michigan’s Revenues From Sports Betting Hit $105,548 During Launch Month
- Michigan’s commercial casino managed to hit the $105548 mark in revenues accruing from retail sports betting in their first few weeks of legal betting, before the Coronavirus pandemic halted operations.
- PlayIA, 4.9.20 – No Changes On The Horizon As Iowa Lottery Renews Contract With Scientific Games
- While multi-state lotteries have announced changes to popular games like Mega Millions and Powerball, the status quo should mostly remain in place for the games the Iowa Lottery offers. That’s because the lottery is sticking with Scientific Games for its systems management.
- PlayIndiana, 4.9.20 – Sports Betting Handle Plummets From $185M In February To $74M In March
- February brought in a record-setting $187 million in wagers for Indiana. March ended up with less than half of that total, landing at $74 million.
- Gambling.Com, 4.9.20 – Indiana Sports Betting Handle Plummets Minus March Madness
- In basketball-centric Indiana no month is bigger than March — unless sports and casinos have been shut down. Indiana reported $74,818,802 in monthly sports betting handle for March, less than half of February’s record total.
- TN Bets, 4.9.20 – Sources: Controversial Tennessee Sports Betting Payout Cap Still Unsettled
- While the COVID-19 health crisis has frozen the sports and sports betting worlds, in Tennessee there remains a tug-of-war over one key, controversial provision in the yet-to-be-finalized legal sports betting regulations.
- WSN, 4.10.20 – eSports Betting Approved In Nevada
- The Nevada Gaming Control Board took a bold step on Wednesday as it granted approval to bet on Counter-Strike – ESL Pro League Season 11: North America.