iDEA Growth Members News:
- Ifrah on iGaming, 4.13.21 – Maryland Legislature Poised to Send Sports Gambling Bill to the Governor
- As part of the 2020 election, Maryland voters approved a Constitutional amendment to allow sports betting. In February, I reported on the Maryland legislature’s efforts to pass a new bill to legalize and regulate sports gambling. The state passed another milestone yesterday when the Maryland Senate unanimously approved a new sports wagering bill.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.13.21 – MORE THAN A SPORTSBOOK: IS DRAFTKINGS BUILDING A MEDIA EMPIRE?
- DraftKings has hired its first ever chief media officer in a move that hints at wider ambitions in the media space.
- Online Poker Report, 4.12.21 – FanDuel Under The Microscope: How The Company’s Present And Future Look As Its US IPO Approaches
- FanDuel is a leading online gambling app in a growing US market of legal online casino and sports betting sites. As such, its upcoming IPO is expected to imply a valuation of more than $35 billion. Here’s a look at FanDuel’s present situation as it prepares to spin off into the future.
- iGaming Business, 4.14.21 – DraftKings secures Arizona market access with expanded PGA Tour deal
- Sports betting and daily fantasy sports operator DraftKings has expanded its partnership with golf’s PGA Tour to secure market access in Arizona.
Overall Industry News:
- Axios, 4.14.21 – Sports betting media frenzy drives up stocks
- The sports betting content frenzy is heating up, as operators continue looking for ways to own content — a far more efficient long-term vehicle for acquiring customers than traditional paid marketing.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.13.21 – HOW BIG COULD SINGLE-GAME CANADA SPORTS BETTING MARKET BECOME?
- The steady drumbeat toward single-game Canada sports betting continues this month.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.13.21 – IS THERE (ANOTHER) BIG ESPORTS MATCH-FIXING SCANDAL BREWING?
- Is the latest scandal involving esports poised to cause serious repercussions?
- Online Poker Report, 4.13.21 – Asian-American Gamblers Are Highly Represented At Retail Casinos; Why Is It The Opposite Online?
- About 80% of Asian-Americans gamble. That’s 7 percentage points more than the general US population. However, only 21% are doing so online, making them this the second-least represented demographic group. Only Black US gamblers are less likely to adopt the channel, with just 19% gambling online.
- SBC Americas, 4.14.21 – IMGL launches brand new magazine dedicated to international gaming law
- The International Masters of Gaming Law (IMGL) has today launched a brand-new magazine dedicated to gaming law, with North America featuring prominently in the debut issue.
- Associated Press, 4.14.21 – Mobile sports betting money tempts cash-strapped states
- States around the country are realizing what gamblers figured out long ago: The future of sports betting — and tax money to be made from it — is online.
- Fox 10, 4.13.21 – What Arizona’s sports betting could look like once it’s signed into law
- Sports betting is now just a signature away from becoming reality in Arizona after the bill was passed by state lawmakers Monday night. Now, it’s headed to Governor Doug Ducey’s desk.
- AZ Central, 4.13.21 – What to know about Arizona’s new sports betting measure
- Arizona lawmakers on Monday approved legislation that will allow sports betting in Arizona as well as fantasy betting and a keno game and draw game from the state lottery. Gov. Doug Ducey is expected to sign the bill into law in the next few days.
- The Arizona Republic, 4.14.21 – How much money will Arizonans bet on sports once it’s legal? One analyst thinks it’s in the billions
- Ramsey tracks monthly wagering, revenue and tax collections across the country in states with legalized sports betting.
- Daily Independent, 4.13.21 – Sports betting bill clears Arizona Senate, heads to governor
- State senators gave final approval late Monday to opening the door for Arizonans to be able to gamble legally on professional and amateur sports as well as fantasy sports.
- Yellowhammer, 4.13.21 – Senate passes bill that would legalize a lottery, casino gaming, sports betting — ‘Great day for the state of Alabama’
- The Alabama Senate on Tuesday passed a historic package of legislation that would legalize, regulate and implement a lottery, casino gaming in select locations and sports betting in the Yellowhammer State.
- SBC Americas, 4.14.21 – Maryland passes sports betting bill with capacity for 60 online operators
- Maryland has passed what looks like being the broadest of the current US legal sports betting bills this week, with lawmakers giving the green light to legislation permitting as many as 60 online operators and 30 class B licenses for retail sportsbooks. The retail count would be spread largely between casinos and professional sports stadiums.
- Play USA, 4.13.21 – MARYLAND ONLINE SPORTS BETTING PASSED: HOW IT HAPPENED, WHAT BETTORS CAN EXPECT
- Maryland has gone from being geographically surrounded by jurisdictions with legal sports betting to becoming the final piece of the Mid-Atlantic puzzle.
- ABC 5, 4.13.21 – Ohio bill legalizing sports betting expected to be introduced in legislature shortly
- After nine hearings and almost 50 witnesses, the Ohio Senate Select Committee on Gaming began the process two weeks ago of writing the state’s new sports betting bill with the expectation it will be introduced before the end of the month.
- iGaming Business, 4.14.21 – New York Senator eyes legal mobile sports betting by early 2022
- New York State Senator Joseph Addabbo has set out his aims for the US state to launch a legal sports wagering market by early next year, in time for the 2022 edition of the National Football League’s Super Bowl.
- Miami Herald, 4.13.21 – Sports betting in Florida: Has its time come or run out for this legislative session?
- Has time run out for a gambling deal this session?
- Legal Sports Report, 4.13.21 – CT LOTTERY MOVING QUICKLY TO DECIDE SPORTS BETTING PARTNER
- The Connecticut Lottery published its request for qualifications concerning potential sports betting partners Monday. All responses are due April 23 at 3 p.m. local time, though, which does not leave much time.
- Sports Handle, 4.13. 21 – Huberty Set To Make Push For Sports Betting In Texas
- Five point six billion dollars. That number comes up frequently in conversation with Texas State Rep. Dan Huberty when discussing his efforts to bring sports betting to the Lone Star State, considered one of the “Holy Grail” states for the eye-watering revenue it could potentially produce if legalized.
- SBC Americas, 4.14.21 – Nevada Gaming Control Board grants approval for wagers on MLB World Series Most Valuable Player
- The Nevada Gaming Control Board confirmed this week that it has granted approval for operators to offer wagers on Major League Baseball’s World Series Most Valuable Player award, pursuant to the provisions of Regulation 22.1201.
- MI Bets, 4.13.21 – MICHIGAN ADDS OSCARS TO APPROVED BETTING LIST JUST IN TIME FOR APRIL 25 SHOW
- Gamblers in Michigan will be able to bet on the upcoming Academy Awards.