- Legal Sports Report, 4.16.19 – Last-Ditch Effort To Jump-Start Colorado Sports Betting Afoot In Legislature
- It’s been nearly a year since Colorado lawmakers first discussed the possibility of legal sports betting in public, and the time for action has come.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.16.19 – March Gladness For PA Sports Betting As Revenue Climbs, But Lack Of Mobile Still Hurting
- PA sports betting performed well last month as March Madness betting buoyed bookmakers throughout the nation.
- New Castle News, 4.17.19 – March Madness fuels state’s biggest month of sports betting
- Fueled by March Madness betting, Pennsylvania’s sports wagering revenue jumped more than 40 percent in March.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.16.19 – Apparently Two Montana Sports Betting Bills Are Better Than One
- Montana Gov. Steve Bullock could find two sports betting bills among the Easter eggs on his desk next week.
- Sports Handle, 4.17.19 – Louisiana Lawmakers Talk Sports Betting Taxes
- Louisiana lawmakers took a first step regarding legal sports betting on Tuesday when the House Ways and Means Committee considered how to it, as well as taxation for fantasy sports contests and medical marijuana. State Senator Danny Martiny (R-District 10) filed a bill ahead of the session that would legalize sports wagering.
- The Advocate, 4.16.19 – First step complete: Louisiana bill giving gambling proceeds to childhood education moves on
- Legislation to legalize betting on college and professional sports hasn’t been heard yet, but a Louisiana House committee Tuesday agreed on how to collect the taxes and to send the money primarily to benefit early childhood education.
- Little Village Magazine, 4.16.19 – Letter to the editor: Bets off, Iowa
- Iowa casinos want the out-of-state billionaire carpetbaggers like DraftKings and FanDuel to serve as bookies for the casinos — handling their sports and fantasy games wagers.
- San Francisco Chronicle, 4.17.19 – Competing proposals could dictate sports betting in Ohio
- Ohio’s lawmakers will spend the coming months debating the future and shape of sports betting in the state.
Sports League News:
- ESPN, 4.17.19 – Sports bettor hauls in $106,181 on ‘Jeopardy!’
- Professional sports bettor James Holzhauer continues to shatter “Jeopardy!” records.
- ESPN, 4.17.19 – Early NFL win totals I like: Mike Clay’s projections for all 32 teams
- With the vast majority of free agency in the rearview mirror, here is a look at how my 2019 win total projections compare to early sportsbook win totals.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- PR Newswire, 4.17.19 – The Stars Group Announces 2019 Annual Meeting of Shareholders and First Quarter 2019 Earnings Release Details
- The Stars Group Inc. (NASDAQ: TSG)(TSX: TSGI) today announced that its 2019 Annual Meeting of Shareholders will be held on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. ET at the TMX Broadcast Centre at The Exchange Tower, located at 130 King St. W., Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5X 2A2.