iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 4.16.20 – 888 Eyes Bargain Acquisitions To Speed Up US Online Gambling Expansion
- Shops might be closed, but 888 is still shopping for bargains in the wake of coronavirus.
- PlayUSA, 4.16.20 – More Than Sportsbooks: DraftKings, FanDuel Are Built To Last
- The physical gambling world represents something of a nationwide ghost town: brick-and-mortar casinos shuttered, retail sportsbooks void of traffic, and a general eeriness permeating the gaming world. Online, however, another story unfolds.
Sports League News:
- Sports Handle, 4.16.20 – Sports Betting Could Get Needed Jolt From PGA Tour Return, But With Challenges
- The PGA Tour announced Thursday it will attempt to resume its season in mid-June, giving sports betting a jolt of optimism during the COVID-19 pandemic that has shuttered almost all live sporting events around the world.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.16.20 – PA Sports Betting Saved By Hold Rate As Handle Plummets In March
- PA sports betting felt the effects of the sports shutdown in March, as handle fell by 60% month-on-month to $131.3 million.
- PlayPennsylvania, 4.16.20 – Finding The Silver Lining: PA Online Casinos Peak In March As Gaming Revenues Plummet
- In Pennsylvania, the positive news from the March gaming revenue report comes from online casinos, which set new records for revenue ($24.3 million) and handle.
- PlayPennsylvania, 4.16.20 – Pennsylvania March Sports Betting Revenue: The Coronavirus Burns The Books
- The coronavirus pandemic has wreaked havoc on nearly every sector and aspect of life. Sports betting in Pennsylvania is no exception. With no March Madness and suspended NBA and NHL seasons, PA sportsbooks’ handle for March was $131.3 million.
- Penn Bets, 4.16.20 – PA Casino Industry’s Losses Offset In Part By 25% Boost In iGaming In March
- All signs in March pointed to a surge in online casino play in Pennsylvania to help offset the traditional industry’s shutdown, and now there’s a number to attach to that iGaming increase: 24.5%.
- Philadelphia Business Journal, 4.16.20 – Pennsylvania Online Gaming Numbers Jump In March Despite Plummeting Casino Revenue
- Rivers Casino Philadelphia contributed the largest individual portion of the state’s total internet gaming revenue.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.17.20 – Massachusetts Sports Betting Bill Hits Wicked Sharp Curve In Coronavirus Crisis
- Massachusetts picked the wrong time to begin its first serious push for sports betting legislation.
- PlayMichigan, 4.16.20 – Lower Peninsula Up, U.P. Down In Michigan Tribal Casinos Annual Report
- Michigan tribal casinos contributed more than $30 million to local governments and more than $54 million to the state from revenue sharing last year with both numbers slightly increasing from 2018.
- PlayIllinois, 4.16.20 – Illinois Gaming Board Meeting Postponed, State Casinos Closed Indefinitely
- The Illinois Gaming Board first announced on March 31 that it had extended a suspension “of all video gaming operations at all licensed establishments of any kind and all casino gambling operations in Illinois” through the end of April.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.16.20 – It’s Game On For Colorado Sports Betting Operators Starting May 1
- Colorado sports betting regulators made final preparations for a May 1 start at Thursday’s meeting.
- Gambling Compliance, 4.17.20 – Colorado Regulators Pull NCAA Betting From Catalog For Review (subscription paywall)
- Colorado gaming regulators expect to be ready to launch sports betting as early as May 1, but may need more time than that to figure out how betting on college sports will exist in the state.
- iGB North America, 4.16.20 – IGT To Power Circa’s Sports Betting App In Colorado
- International Game Technology (IGT) has agreed a deal to power Circa Sports’ mobile sports betting application in Colorado.
- PlayNevada, 4.16.20 – BetMGM, William Hill Offer WNBA Draft Markets To Nevadans
- On Friday night, the lives of 36 women will change forever. Thanks to WNBA Draft betting markets on BetMGM and William Hill, the bank accounts of savvy Nevada bettors could be changed for the better as well.