iDEA Growth Member News
- Gambling News: Sportradar Mulls Over Two Potential Board Additions
- Sportradar, the world’s leading sports technology company, may expand its team with two new additions. According to the company, the experienced Rajani Ramanathan and William Kurtz are eligible to join its board of directors. The final decision will be announced in a month.
- SBC Americas: Kindred Problem Gambling Revenue Drops To Just 3% In Q1
- Kindred Group has reported that revenue generated from problem gambling has reduced to its lowest-ever figure of 3% in Q1 of 2023. The operator noted that this is a 0.3% decrease on the 3.3% recorded in Q4 of 2022 as well as Q2 of 2022. The quarterly reporting of this figure makes up part of Kindred’s ‘Journey towards Zero’ initiative announced in 2021, which sets out the aim of 0% of revenues generated from problem gambling by 2023.
- PlayAZ: Arizona’s Tribal Casinos Contribute Record $123.6 Million To State In FY2022
- Arizona’s tribal casinos are thriving. A great indicator of that is tribal gaming contributions to the state set a record in fiscal year 2022, which ended in June. Tribes contributed an incredible $123.6 million to the Arizona Benefits Fund from July 2021 through June 2022, with $15.1 million of the amount going directly to counties, cities, and towns in Arizona.
- PlayMA: Exclusive: 187K Out-Of-State Accounts Have Tried To Bet In MA Market
- Since the launch of online sports betting in Massachusetts, nearly 187,000 accounts from neighboring states have tried to access the legal Massachusetts market. That’s according to an exclusive report provided to PlayMA from GeoComply, the leader in device and location-based fraud detection in online gaming.
- Legal Sports Report: Minnesota Sports Betting Push Losing Steam
- Minnesota sports betting legislation is caught in a slog of other issues, and a significant hurdle remains. Multiple sources told LSR this week Minnesota legislators are working through several more prominent issues. Likewise, stakeholders are also hoping to find a way to include horse racing tracks in MN sports betting, which poses to be a potential dealbreaker.
- Sports Handle: Cardinals President Calls Missouri Sports Betting Roadblock ‘Really Childish Behavior’
- St. Louis Cardinals President Bill DeWitt III didn’t mince words. When asked about the status of legal sports betting in Missouri, which will host the NFL Draft beginning Thursday, he told The Missouri Times last week, “I would describe it as an extremely high level of frustration with not being able to bring this to a vote.”
- Associated Press: Panelists: New York Casinos Could See Atlantic City Closures
- Panelists at a major casino industry conference said the construction of three new casinos in New York could cost Atlantic City 20% to 30% of its casino revenue, a development that could possibly return the resort to the days of casino closures.