- Sports Handle, 4.29.19 – Three States On Cusp Of Legalization, And Keep Eye on Colorado, Florida
- Since the start of the legislation season in January, Indiana, Iowa and Montana have passed sports betting legislation and are now waiting for their respective governors to act. In Montana, the lottery bill was sent to Governor Steve Bullock on April 25, with a bill that would have the attorney general as the regulator is likely on its way.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.29.19 – Will There Be Things To Do In Denver When You Bet? Colorado Sports Betting Bill Speeding Along
- An effort to send Colorado sports betting to the ballot this fall is zipping through the state legislature this month. Just two weeks after being introduced, H 1327 cleared the House last week and appears on its way to the Senate floor. The bill passed through the Senate’s Finance and Appropriations committees in the past couple of days.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.29.19 – Florida Sports Betting Efforts Not Finished As Governor, Tribes Continue Talks
- Florida is known for many things: beaches, oranges, Florida Man, and more recently, getting people excited about the possibility of sports betting coming to the Sunshine State. Florida sports betting talk has been relatively quiet since the November election and the passage of Amendment 3. That will require voters to authorize new casino gambling in the state, which makes the recent news about a possible new compact exciting.
- Florida Politics, 4.30.19 – Goodbye Gambling Bill For 2019: ‘It’s 99% Dead’
- A proposed gambling bill for the 2019 Legislative Session is dead, multiple sources told Florida Politics on Monday evening. “I would say it’s 99% dead,” said one lawmaker who was familiar with the behind-the-scenes talks but was not authorized to speak on the record.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.30.19 – Iowa Sports Betting Outlook Blurry, But No Hurry To Worry Because Gov Has 30 (Days)
- The wait will carry on a bit longer to find out if legislation enabling Iowa sports betting is signed into law. Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds will have up to 30 days to make her decision on the bill passed April 22 by the legislature. This should set the deadline at May 27.
- US Bets, 4.29.19 – What Nevada’s Record-Setting March Says About Nationwide Sports Betting Expansion
- Newsflash: People like to bet on March Madness basketball. They will do it online. They will do it in person. They will do it legally. They will do it illegally. They will do it in a state that has just begun to offer regulated sports betting. And they will do it in a state that has offered sports betting all their lives.
- KCUR, 4.29.19 – Kansas Sports Betting Deal Tangled Over Who Runs It And Who Gets A Cut
- Legalizing sports gambling in Kansas seemed like a safe bet earlier this year. It’s a new source of tax dollars and enjoys bipartisan support.
Sports League News:
- NJ Online Gambling, 4.29.19 – NJ Official Says War With Sports Leagues Is Over
- A six-year legal fight between five sports organizations and New Jersey government leaders was “pretty bitter,” the state’s chief regulator told attendees at the Betting on Sports America conference in the Meadowlands last week. But since last spring’s landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling that opened the door for New Jersey and other states to offer sports betting, Division of Gaming Enforcement Director David Rebuck said things have changed behind the scenes.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Bloomberg, 4.29.19 – FanDuel to Pair Live Sports Streams With Betting Odds in U.S. (Sportradar)
- FanDuel Group will be the first U.S. sports betting operator to offer live-sports broadcasts alongside odds on its website and mobile app, part of an expanded partnership with Swiss data and media giant Sportradar AG.
- Reuters, 4.29.19 – FanDuel First To Stream Live Games In Sports Betting App In U.S. (Sportradar)
- U.S. bookmaker FanDuel has signed a deal with Switzerland’s Sportradar AG to allow sports fans to place wagers on a game while they are watching it on a mobile app, company executives said on Monday, a first for the nascent U.S. sports betting market.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 4.29.19 – Past, Present And Future Of US Online Gambling: ‘Trending In The Right Direction,’ Expert Says
- The US online gambling space has undergone radical changes over the past decade. The unregulated, wild west days of the 1990’s and 2000’s are a thing of the past. After years of stagnation, legal, regulated online gambling is no longer a dream, it’s a reality.
- Play USA, 4.29.19 – How A New Integrity Monitoring Group Could Derail Integrity Fee Demands
- The legalization of sports betting is a hot topic in statehouses across the country. Sports betting has a lot of friction points. From moral issues to tax rates to retail-only or mobile wagering, there are no shortage of hurdles to overcome. One of the most contentious subplots within the larger debate is integrity monitoring. Specifically, how, and by whom, it should be handled.