- WTOP, 4.4.19 – What to expect when legal sports betting comes to DC
- The road to legal sports betting in Washington has progressed fairly quickly over the last few months.
- Daily Press, 4.3.19 – Sports betting is no sure deal
- Virginia is right not to rush into sports gambling, where money can have a dark influence on games. This year, Americans are expected to place $8.5 billion in legal bets on this year’s NCAA men’s basketball tournament.
- Sentinel & Enterprise, 4.3.19 – Much to learn before Bay State dives into online, sports gambling
- If the state Legislature goes along with a bill proposed by Gov. Charlie Baker, legalized betting on professional sports soon will be available in Massachusetts.
- Hartford Courant, 4.2.19 – Ned Lamont predicts Connecticut lawmakers will pass tolls, marijuana and sports betting this year
- Ned Lamont predicted Tuesday that electronic highway tolls, recreational marijuana and sports betting will all be passed by the state legislature this year.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.3.19 – How Close Is Iowa Sports Betting? Just A Few Steps Remain Ahead Of Key Vote
- The Iowa Senate sports betting bill is on the move, and it’s getting closer to matching the bill that already is on the House floor.
- Denver Post, 4.4.19 – Sports betting, vaccinations and immigration: 3 bills running out of time at Colorado Capitol
- With less than a month left until the end of the legislative session, Colorado lawmakers still have some major bills they’re trying to get across the finish line.
Sports League News:
- The Lines, 4.3.19 – Alliance Of American Football Folds, Proving That Sports Betting Can Only Do So Much
- We can’t all be winners. The Alliance of American Football found that out the hard way after traveling a long, lonesome road lined with the corpses of failed leagues of the past.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 4.4.19 – Not Just Sports Betting; DraftKings Scooping Up NJ Online Casino Market Share
- It’s been almost four months since DraftKings Sportsbook opened its online blackjack tables to players in New Jersey.
Overall Industry News:
- Reuters, 4.3.19 – FanDuel to pay out some AAF football bets despite league stoppage
- The Alliance of American Football league is suspending operations before it can crown its first champions, but that is not stopping FanDuel’s sportsbook from declaring a winner.
- ESPN, 4.3.19 – FanDuel to pay out all AAF futures bets for $10K
- On Tuesday, the Alliance of American Football announced that it would suspend its operations, and multiple sportsbooks confirmed to ESPN that they would refund wagers on all title bets.
- Play USA, 4.3.19 – Why You Should Take Gambling Revenue Projections With A Grain Of Salt
- That didn’t take long. Less than a year after the Supreme Court decision on PASPA, sports betting is already coming under fire for its failure to meet revenue projections.
- Bloomberg, 4.3.19 – Controversial Sports-Betting Fee Would Boost Revenue, Study Says
- For more than a year, Major League Baseball and the National Basketball Association have argued that they should get a cut of every legal bet placed on their games.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.3.19 – SuperBookUSA About To Lock Down First Sports Betting Deal Outside Nevada
- One of legal sports betting‘s biggest names soon will launch its first operation outside its home state of Nevada.