Industry News of the Day for April 4, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Play USA, 4.4.22: DraftKings, Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation Expand Partnership Into Puerto Rico
- For DraftKings and the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation, the hope is that Puerto Rico will live up to its name as a rich port. On Monday, the two companies announced an expansion of their collaboration to launch DraftKings Puerto Rico.
- Legal Sports, 4.2.22: Sportradar Eyes Ontario Sports Betting ‘Platform Opportunities’
- Sportradar is looking to expand on its traditional business lines as it scales up in the Ontario sports betting market.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.1.22: FanDuel Confirms Ontario Sports Betting Launch Plans For April
- FanDuel Sportsbook will be among the first operators in Ontario sports betting near next week’s start.
- Sports Handle, 4.4.22: DraftKings Announces Deal To Enter Market In Puerto Rico
- The sports betting and DFS giant announced via press release Monday the company will be offering both an online and a retail sportsbook in Puerto Rico pending regulatory approval.
- Play IL, 4.2.22: PointsBet, Bulls, NBC Sports Chicago Partner To Air ‘BetCast’ For Upcoming Games
- If you enjoy betting on Chicago Bulls games, then clear your calendar on April 6 and April 8 for a broadcast tailored to you.
- Paysafe, 4.4.22: Paysafe Strengthens Canadian iGaming Presence With Ontario Market Launch
- Paysafe, a leading specialized payments platform, has announced that it is live and supporting private iGaming operators with payments in the Canadian province of Ontario’s expanded market, which launched today.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 4.4.22: What’s On Tap: UNC-Kansas NCAA Finals, The Masters, And Ontario iGaming Launch
- Each Monday, our “What’s on Tap” series previews the week ahead in the world of sports betting.
- Sports Handle, 4.1.22: Get A Grip — The Week In Sports Betting: The End Of The Madness
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- Play USA, 4.1.22: Massachusetts Attorney General Throws Support Behind Gaming Bill
- The expansion of gambling in Massachusetts might have received the support its been missing.
- Play OH, 4.1.22: Ohio Sports Betting Takes Another Step Towards Becoming A Reality
- Earlier this month, the Ohio Casino Control Commission unanimously approved the second round of sports betting rules, spring-boarding its launch to early-2023.
- Play USA, 4.1.22: Spurred By Old Rival, Kansas Passes Version Of Sports Betting Bill
- Kansas and Missouri used to fight on the football field (sometimes literally).
- Sports Handle, 4.1.22: Kansas House Approves Sports Betting Bill After Heated Debate; Senate Punts
- After a day filled with many productive bipartisan meetings and a heated floor debate that went until after midnight local time Friday, the Kansas House of Representatives early Saturday morning approved a sports betting bill that would legalize statewide mobile wagering.
- FOX 4, 4.2.22: Kansas Sports Betting Bill Passes House, Senate Adjourns Before Action
- The Kansas House passed a plan to legalize sports betting in the state around midnight, after an overnight session Friday.
- Sports Handle, 4.1.22: Virginia Extends Run Of $400 Million Sports Betting Handle Months To Five Straight
- The Virginia Lottery reported sports wagering handle of nearly $402 million for the month of February, extending the state’s streak of months with $400 million-plus handles to five.
- Star Tribune, 4.2.22: Sports Betting’s Time May Have Come In Minnesota
- Minnesota can wipe out what is now a multibillion-dollar black market on sports betting and transform it into legal, regulated industry that would benefit tribes — including poorer ones — and protect consumers while also generating funds for youth sports in disadvantaged areas.
- Sports Handle, 4.1.22: Arizona Puts Cap On Record Sports Betting January With $563M Handle
- The Arizona Department of Gaming released its long-awaited sports betting numbers for January, putting the finishing touches on a record-setting start to 2022 for both the state and the country.
- Forbes, 4.3.22: Why Ontario Is Sports Betting’s Next Highly Coveted Market
- Nevada was the first king of the sports betting industry, mainly because it was the only state in all of the land to permit it.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.4.22: Ontario Sports Betting Is Live: What To Know On Launch Day
- Today marks the commercial launch of sports betting apps in Ontario.
- Action Network, 4.3.22: Canada’s Complex Sports Betting History & New Launch, Explained
- Canada’s legal online sports betting market launches April 4 in Ontario and there are a few regulatory features that make it different from the United States’s gaming landscape.