Industry News of the Day for April 7, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Paysafe, 4.7.22: Paysafe Expands Betparx® Partnership Into Pennsylvania And New Jersey
- Paysafe (NYSE: PSFE), a leading specialized payments platform, has expanded its partnership with betPARX®, a Pennsylvania-based gaming company owned by Greenwood Gaming and Entertainment, Inc.
- SBC, 4.7.22: Entain: Betmgm Firmly Established As Number Two US Operator
- Entain has published its Q1 trading update, noting that its 2022 performance so far is in line with corporate expectations, as its business units and brand portfolio are matched against strong 2021 comparatives.
- SBC, 4.7.22: Kambi Promotes Cecilia Wachtmeister To Chief Commerical Officer
- Sportsbook provider Kambi has promoted Cecilia Wachtmeister to the role of Chief Commercial Officer.
Overall Industry News:
- Fortune, 4.6.22: March Madness Is Over—but The Sports Betting Companies Looking To Cash In On College Fans Are Getting Started
- March Madness may last just three magical weeks, but for the companies betting their futures on, well, betting, the end of the storied annual tournament is just the beginning.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.7.22: What Google Data Tell Us About US, Ontario Sports Betting Markets
- The US sports betting industry is not short of data. State-by-state reporting means there is far more visibility into the market than just about anywhere else.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.6.22: Mobile NY Sports Betting Expansion On Back Burner For Now
- An expanded mobile NY sports betting market is not expected to make the state budget, according to Sen. Joe Addabbo Jr.
- Desert Sun, 4.6.22: Voters To Decide Fate Of Legalized Sports Betting In California, The Market’s ‘Crown Jewel’
- California is not the final holdout among states deciding whether to legalize sports betting — but it is by far the largest, and a high-stakes battle to pass some form of legalized sports wagering is underway.
- Cincinnati Business Courier, 4.6.22: Why Ohio Sports Betting Could Be ‘One Of The Most Profitable Markets’ (subscription paywall)
- Ohio could be “one of the most profitable markets in the country” when it comes to sports betting, one analyst says. Here’s why.
- FOX 46, 4.6.22: Push For Sports Betting In NC Heats Up
- It is no secret that sports clubs, leagues, and franchises want to get into an untapped market, and sports betting is one of the big frontiers that–at least in North Carolina–is largely unexplored.
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, 4.6.22: Braves CEO ‘Incredibly Disappointed’ Sports Betting Bill Failed
- The Braves, Falcons, Hawks and Atlanta United have pushed over the past three years for Georgia to join a growing number of states with legal gambling on sports.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.6.22: Arizona Sports Betting Law Change Sought To Benefit Coyotes Move
- As the Arizona sports betting market matures, the AZ Senate Appropriations Committee advanced a bill last week to change governing law.
- Sports Handle, 4.6.22: Ontario Takes Balanced Approach With Sports Betting Integrity Monitoring Standards
- Ontario launched its private iGaming and sports betting market Monday to great fanfare, as more than a dozen sites gained approval from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
- Missouri Independent, 4.6.22: Senators Seek Higher Tax On Profits At Hearing For Bill To Legalize Sports Wagering In Missouri
- If the Missouri Senate debates a sports wagering bill that passed the House last month, it will likely include a higher tax rate and more money to combat problem gambling.