iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 8.7.20 – GeoComply On Geolocation Duty With DraftKings At Casino Queen Illinois
- Geolocation and compliance solutions provider GeoComply has announced today that it has launched with DraftKings at Casino Queen in Illinois for both player geolocation and to enable players to register their account at the DraftKings at Casino Queen sportsbook using their own mobile device.
- Online Poker Report, 8.7.20 – PA Online Poker Bubble Bursts: Hopes Of Partypoker Launch On Hold For Now (Evolution Gaming, Golden Nugget, PokerStars)
- The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) had its monthly meeting on Wednesday. Two important iGaming companies received their permanent licenses, but one expected inclusion on the docket turned out to be absent.
- iGB North America, 8.10.20 – Wind Creek And Pala Interactive Launch iGaming In PA
- The Poarch Band of Creek Indians’ casino business Wind Creek Hospitality has joined forces with Pala Interactive to launch a new online gambling platform for Pennsylvania’s Wind Creek Casino.
- Sports Handle, 8.7.20 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: Massachusetts, DC Returns, More
- Here’s the weekend (or fashionably late) Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 8.7.20 – The Times, They Aren’t A-Changing: Offshore Sportsbooks Still Have Their Hooks In Mainstream Media
- If legal sports betting is so widespread across the U.S., why are offshore sportsbooks operating illegally in the U.S. still getting heaps of attention in mainstream media? And what exactly is wrong with that, if anything?
- Gambling Compliance, 8.10.20 – How Presidential Election Could Affect Federal Gambling Laws And Taxes (subscription paywall)
- Two federal statues and an excise tax loom as roadblocks to the U.S. gambling industry’s inexorable march to the online market, and all three could be weakened after the presidential election on November 3.
Sports League News:
- SBC Americas, 8.10.20 – Props Network Links With Tour Junkies To Serve Niche Golf Betting
- Online sports and gambling media firm The Props Network has announced a new partnership with PGA DFS podcasters The Tour Junkies to service the “under served niche” of golf sports betting media content.
- SBC Americas, 8.10.20 – XB Net Extends North American Racing Distribution Deal With Betfred
- XB Net, a provider of premium content for North American horse and greyhound racing, has announced the renewal of its ongoing distribution deal with tier-1 operator, Betfred.
- PlayPennsylvania, 8.7.20 – Gotta Love It: Second State Gaming Launches VGTs At Love’s Travel Stops in PA
- Video gaming terminals, usually called simply VGTs, are filling in the gambling void between Pennsylvania’s 12 casinos, with locations in every quadrant of the state.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.7.20 – Report: DC Sports Betting Takes Just $1.2 Million In Wagers In First Two Months
- The DC Lottery reported an abysmal $1.2 million in handle for its first two months of GambetDC operations through Aug. 3.
- The Virginia Pilot, 8.8.20 – Norfolk State Alum Wants To Go Toe-To-Toe With Bigger Businesses Entering Sports Betting World In Virginia And DC
- In the shadow of Congress, a Hampton Roads entrepreneur is hoping to bring to Washington what for so long has been legally forbidden by lawmakers there: sports betting.
- Gambling.Com, 8.7.20 – West Virginia Mobile Sports Betting Continuing Its Ascent
- West Virginia’s mobile sports betting continued climbing in July, kicking off the fiscal year with its strongest month since February.
- iGB North America, 8.7.20 – Iowa Sports Betting Revenue Up To $2.2M In July
- Sports betting revenue in Iowa increased to $2.2m in July as the state continued to recover from the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) shutdown of sports and retail gambling venues.
- Gaming Intelligence, 8.10.20 – Iowa Sportsbooks Return To Growth In July As Wagers Reach $22.9M (subscription paywall)
- Iowa’s regulated sports betting market recorded total wagers of $22.9m in July as major sports returned to action during the month.
- Associated Press, 8.8.20 – 4 Tribes Sue Over Oklahoma Gambling Compacts With 2 Others
- Four Oklahoma tribes are asking a federal court to void gambling compacts between the state of Oklahoma and two other tribes — agreements that the Oklahoma State Supreme Court recently invalidated.
- Helena Independent Record, 8.7.20 – Cash-Out Issues Persist With Sports Bet Montana App
- Even though Sports Bet Montana’s mobile app has been active and available to download for about three months, users are still unable to immediately cash out their winnings.