iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas, 8.11.22 – Entain: BetMGM goes ‘from strength to strength’ in H1 2022
- Entain has published its interim results for the first six months of 2022, declaring a “robust group performance” that delivered a broader customer appeal and a new actives level record. [Jette Nygaard-Andersen, CEO, Entain]
- SBC Americas, 8.11.22 – BetMGM enlists Jerry Ferrara as brand ambassador and podcast co-host
- BetMGM has confirmed that actor Jerry Ferrara has joined the operator as a celebrity brand ambassador and a new podcast host. [Entain; Matt Prevost, Chief Revenue Officer, BetMGM]
- iGB, 8.11.22 – Collaboration is key to North American esports betting
- Esports betting in North America clearly offers a huge amount of potential, but almost all of this has so far been untapped. Pandascore head of sales Oliver Niner argues that collaboration between operators, regulators and – most crucially – suppliers is the key to unlocking this potential.
- SBC Americas, 8.10.22 – AGA letter encourages Biden to consider gaming when considering crypto
- The American Gaming Association (AGA) applauded Biden and encouraged him to take the action a step further and ensure measures taken around the executive order appropriately consider how the gaming industry fits into these decisions.
Sports League News
- Gaming Today, 8.10.22 – Washington Commanders Sportsbook Coming Soon as Team Qualifies for Maryland License
- The Washington Commanders are close to bringing in-person sports betting to FedExField after the team’s stadium qualified today for a Maryland retail sports betting license.
- California Casinos, 8.11.22 – CA Voter Guide: California Sports Betting Initiatives
- Sports betting is on California’s ballot this November. Various groups have tried to get four California sports betting initiatives on the 2022 ballot. However, only two have made the ballot: Prop 26, from the tribes, and Prop 27, from the private sportsbooks. A third initiative failed to gather enough signatures, and the sponsors of a fourth pulled their initiative from the process of getting onto the 2022 ballot.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.10.22 – Five Sportsbooks Give $50M More To California Sports Betting Battle
- Five of the seven sportsbooks behind the mobile California sports betting proposal added another $50 million to the campaign’s coffers in July.
- California Casinos, 8.10.22 – Two More California Education Organizations Vote to Oppose Prop 27
- Two more California education organizations came out on Wednesday against Prop 27, the measure that would legalize online sports betting in the state.
- Play California, 8.10.22 – AFSCME Union Opposes California Sports Betting Prop. 26
- One of the state’s largest public sector unions is denouncing a California sports betting proposal backed by tribal casinos, saying the measure puts hundreds of millions in local tax revenue at risk.
- Sports Handle, 8.10.22 – Kansas Lottery Still Not Ready To Nail Down Launch Date
- Kansas Lottery Director Stephen Durrell still isn’t ready to announce when legal sports betting will begin in the state. “As for a specific launch date, people keep asking, but we don’t have one yet,” Durrell said Wednesday as part of his report to the Kansas Lottery Commission. “Hopefully we’re clicking right along, but in terms of giving a specific date, that’s just not something we can do.”
- WBUR, 8.11.22 – Everything you need to know about Massachusetts’ new sports betting law
- After several years of uncertainty, sports gambling is a sure bet in Massachusetts. Gov. Charlie Baker signed a bill to legalize sports betting Wednesday, officially joining a wave of states that moved to allow wagering on everything from the Super Bowl to college athletics after the Supreme Court struck down a federal ban in 2018.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.10.22 – Massachusetts Sports Betting Bill Signed Into Law By Gov. Baker
- Charlie Baker made plenty of his constituents happy Wednesday when he signed sports betting in Massachusetts into law.
- Play Ohio, 8.10.22 – The Curious Case Of SPIRE: Will An Ohio High School Get A Sportsbook?
- The SPIRE Institute in Geneva is a unique, sports-focused training and education organization. Its centerpiece is SPIRE Academy, a high school centered around athletics. Surprisingly, SPIRE is seeking a license to run an Ohio sportsbook.
- Play Pennsylvania, 8.10.22 – PA Online Casinos and Pennsylvania Lottery Team With Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers
- Pennsylvania online casinos and the Pennsylvania Lottery are gearing up for the NFL season and partnering with the Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers. Unibet online casino recently launched Pittsburgh Steelers live dealer Blackjack.