iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC America, 8.12.22 – 888 sees US performance improvements in H1 2022
- 888 Holdings has published its financial results for the first six months of 2022, reporting that it has made “strong progress” in strategic M&A, market focus, and investing in its sustainable competitive advantages. [Itai Pazner, CEO, 88 Holdings]
- NJ Gambling Sites, 8.11.22 – Playtech Becoming a Live Dealer Online Casino Provider for 888Casino
- 888 Holdings is about to flip the script on its live dealer online casino product and service provider. The Gibraltar-based online gambling company will use Playtech for live casino and random number generator (RNG) games in 888casino New Jersey.
- Bonus.com, 8.11.22 – FanDuel Gets the Tiniest of Toeholds in Nevada
- Ironically, the US state best known for gambling is also a tough nut to crack for modern online gambling companies. Nevada’s economy depends heavily on the long-standing retail casino business in Las Vegas and, to a lesser extent, Reno. [Erica Okerberg, Attorney, FanDuel]
- California Casinos, 8.11.22 – California’s Democrat, GOP Leaders Announce Opposition to Prop 27, Essentially Endorsing Prop 26
- In the battle over sports betting in California, several of the state’s legislative leaders are siding with the Indian tribes by pushing back against an initiative supported by online gaming giants.
- Play CA, 8.11.22 – Online California Sports Betting Potential: $40B In Bets, $200M In State Taxes
- Should the people of California approve the digital option, their market would be poised to dominate the US sports betting landscape. According to PlayCA forecasting, the state could collect upwards of $200 million in taxes on some $3 billion in gross revenue during its first full year of online operation. Reaching those heights would require bettors to wager more than $40 billion.
- Play CA, 8.11.22 – State Lawmakers Speak Out Against Sports Betting Props Ahead Of Hearing
- California lawmakers are starting to take positions on California sports betting propositions. The Joint Governmental Organization Committee held an informational hearing Wednesday on Propositions 26 and 27.
- California Casinos, 8.11.22 – Prop 27 Could Launch CA Online Sports Betting By September 2023
- If Prop 27 passes this November, legal online sports betting could be live in California by September 2023.
- California Casinos, 8.11.22 – Exclusive Survey: 62% of CA Sports Bettors Already Place Sports Bets Online
- In a recently commissioned California Casinos survey, 62% of respondents who identify as sports bettors or are interested in sports betting said they’re already placing sports wagers online.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.11.22, Abrams Backs Georgia Sports Betting In Push For Governor’s Seat
- Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams supports legalizing casinos and sports betting in Georgia as part of her economic plan.
- Gaming Today, 8.11.22 – Development of Massachusetts Sports Betting Launch Timeline ‘Underway’, Gaming Chair Says
- Less than 24 hours after Massachusetts sports betting was signed into law by Gov. Charlie Baker on Wednesday, Massachusetts Gaming Commission Chair Cathy Judd-Stein said the development of a launch timeline is “responsibly underway.”
- Legal Sports Report, 8.11.22 – No Firm Details For Massachusetts Sports Betting Launch After Meeting
- The Massachusetts Gaming Commission tap-danced around sports betting last week when it met before the legislation was signed.
- Play Pennsylvania, 8.11.22 – What’s New At Lincoln Financial Field For The 2022 Philadelphia Eagles Season
- Lincoln Financial Field is getting some off-the-field additions for the 2022 season. The Fox Bet Lounge has been renamed the FanDuel Lounge. Unibet Landing is opening on the main concourse in the north end of the endzone and will feature a bar and TVs with live betting lines.