Industry News of the Day for August 13, 2019
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 7.13.19 – NFL Gives Sportradar Exclusive Rights To League Data
- The NFL on Monday took a huge step toward embracing sports betting when it announced an expanded deal with data and content provider Sportradar. The exclusive deal gives Sportradar the right to distribute NFL data in U.S. states and countries around the world with legal sports betting.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.12.19 – The NFL’s Big Betting Deal With Sportradar: Questions And Answers
- The NFL is officially becoming a part of the legal sports betting revolution in the United States, signing an exclusive multiyear deal with Sportradar to distribute official league data for wagering.
- NJ Online Gambling, 7.13.19 – Cherry Hill Sportsbook Court Battle Winding Down
- It’s a good hint that a lawsuit is winding down — well, pending appeal anyway — when the dueling briefs get shorter.
- Play Pennsylvania, 7.12.19 – Hollywood Casino Is Now An iPhone App, Albeit One With Only Five Games
- Another day, another new online gambling app for Pennsylvania. What makes this one different is that it is the first online casino app for iPhone in Pennsylvania.
- Washington City Paper, 7.12.19 – Local Bars Hope Adding Sports Gambling Will Bring In More Business
- The decision feels like a no-brainer for Todd Luongo. The owner of Dirty Water Sports Bar on H Street NE applied to the Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration to update its liquor license so that he can add sports betting as one of the bar’s amenities.
- AP News, 7.12.19 – Panel Delays Collecting Debt From Sports Gambling Winnings
- A legislative panel voted Monday to delay a portion of the new Iowa sports gambling rules that would allow the state to collect some the winnings of gamblers who owe child support, back taxes or criminal debt.
- Our Quad Cities, 7.10.19 – Ferentz, Barta On Sports Betting In Iowa
- Given the legalization of sports wagering in Iowa, Hawkeyes head football coach Kirk Ferentz and athletic director Gary Barta discuss how it will affect college programs.
- US Bets, 7.12.19 – Sports Betting To Help Reverse Iowa Casino Admissions Slide
- Iowa sports betting is coming at a good time for the state’s casino industry. Some of Iowa’s 19 brick-and-mortar casinos will begin retail sports betting on Thursday afternoon, which will help boost admissions to the properties.
- Online Poker Report, 7.12.19 – New York Gaming Commission Set To Study Online Gambling, Sports Betting
- A study ordered by the New York State Gaming Commission could set the stage for efforts to legalize online poker and other forms of gambling in the future.
Sports League News:
- Sports Handle, 7.12.19 – On Paper NCAA Opposes Sports Betting. Should It Continue To?
- This is the first of a two-part story examining the NCAA’s stance on sports betting and how best to manage it going forward. Tomorrow, a look at ways the NCAA can monetize sports betting.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.12.19 – Why The NBA Might Soon Boost Sports Betting And Daily Fantasy Sports
- The NBA might adjust a key information distribution channel in deference to legal sports betting and daily fantasy sports.