iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 8.16.21: Martin Lycka: Sports Betting And Tribal Gaming; The Case For Law Nerds (Entain mentioned)
- Martin Lycka, Entain Plc’s Senior Vice President for American Regulatory Affairs and Responsible Gambling, takes a look at the origins of tribal gambling law and how some momentous decisions have triggered a gaming revolution on tribal soil.
- SBC, 8.16.21: Fanduel Offers First Glimpse Of Arizona Footprint Center Sportsbook
- Online gaming and sports betting operator FanDuel has offered up an early look at what customers can expect when it goes live with its new sportsbook in the Footprint Center, home to the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury and Arizona Rattlers, in Phoenix, Arizona.
- US Bets, 8.14.21: DraftKings NFT Marketplace Allowed For One User To Snag Every Tom Brady Autograph Issue
- It appears that DraftKings’ inaugural foray into the world of NFTs may not have been so nifty after all.
- Play CO, 8.13.21: First-Ever FanDuel FanFest To Feature The Chainsmokers, Broncos & Rockies Legends
- FanDuel is in the business of “firsts” when it comes to Colorado.
- Play MI, 8.16.21: FanDuel Leads Michigan Online Sports Betting Race For 7th Straight Month
- After a slight uptick in June, the online sports betting handle in Michigan fell in July for the third time in four months.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.16.21: FanDuel, DraftKings Race In Michigan Sports Betting With Football Ahead
- With the July sports schedule keeping the Michigan sports betting market cool, the race between the state’s top two online sportsbooks stayed hot with football around the corner.
Overall Industry News:
- Axios, 8.16.21: The Sports Betting Tsunami
- As sports betting emerges from the shadows and steps into the light, it’s seeping into every aspect of fandom.
- Bloomberg, 8.16.21: Jay-Z Joins New York Sports Gambling Bid Alongside Fanatics (subscription paywall)
- The rapper and founder of entertainment company Roc Nation LLC has joined sports-merchandise giant Fanatics Inc. in a bid to get into the mobile sports betting business in New York as the state opens its lucrative market, two people familiar with the matter said.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.16.21: The Week In Sports Betting News: Carousel Spinning At Top Speed
- Happy Monday, folks. Last week was one of the busiest for sports betting news since the end of PASPA in May 2018.
- Sports Handle, 8.16.21: What’s On Tap: NFL Preseason, FedEx Cup Playoffs, And New York Fallout
- The week ahead includes new structure for NFL roster cuts, NY maybe finalizing mobile sports betting regulations
- Sports Handle, 8.13.21: Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: Arizona Overload, Louisiana Delay, More
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- Play NY, 8.13.21: NY Sports Betting Bids: Breaking Down What We Know From The Redacted Proposals
- The New York State Gaming Commission released the details of proposed bids to operate NY sports betting, shedding some light on how the market might work.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.13.21: Uphill Climb Ahead For Competing California Sports Betting Ballot Proposal
- Professional sports teams, cardrooms, race tracks and tribal casinos all could offer sports betting in California under a new ballot initiative.
- Sports Handle, 8.16.21: Maryland’s Application Review Committee Sets Its Course For State’s Sports Betting
- Maryland’s Sports Wagering Application Review Committee held its first meeting Monday morning and tackled one piece of business during the public portion of the meeting.
- SBC, 8.16.21: Michigan Online Sports Betting Volume Drops To Monthly Low During July
- Michigan’s online sportsbooks experienced their lowest volume ever for a full month, dropping to less than $200m for the first time since the state’s online sports betting launched in January.
- Texas News Today, 8.16.21: Legalized Texas Sports Betting: Jerry Jones Says It’s When Not If
- Texas could be the next US state to introduce regulated sports betting.