Industry News of the Day for August 17, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 8.16.21: Fanduel-led Bid Proposes 50% Tax Rate For NY Mobile Betting
- The New York State Gaming Commission has published details on the six bids to operate mobile sports betting in the state, with one bid from four of the country’s largest operators proposing a 50% tax rate.
- IGB, 8.17.21: Strive Gaming Brings In Kambi’s Former CCO Meltzer As New CEO
- North American-focused igaming platform business Strive Gaming has appointed Max Meltzer, formerly chief commercial officer of Kambi, as its new chief executive.
- IGB, 8.16.21: GNOG becomes minority investor in Boom Entertainment
- Golden Nugget Online Gaming (GNOG) has agreed a partnership with Boom Entertainment that will see it gain access to the developer’s online gaming content and become a minority investor in the business.
- SBC, 8.17.21: Fanduel Appointed Authorized Gaming Operator For Women’s Tennis Association
- FanDuel has been unveiled this week as an Authorized Gaming Operator in North, South, and Central America for the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA).
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 8.16.21: Analysis: Five Key Takeaways From A Huge Week In US Sports Betting
- It has been a whirlwind couple of weeks in US sports betting, with deals and earnings calls galore.
- Play NY, 8.16.21: WynnBet Hunting For Some Goodwill With Ben Affleck Spokesperson Deal
- A new Ben Affleck–WynnBet partnership signals the online sportsbook plans to use the actor and director in its marketing.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.17.21: Even NJ Sports Betting Monthly Handle Dip Not So Low
- Parlays helped boost sportsbook revenues in July as NJ sports betting handle dropped below $600 million for the first time in a year.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.17.21: Mobile NY Sports Betting Rules Adopted With Few Changes, Unreleased Comments
- The rules for mobile NY sports betting were adopted Monday with very little discussion during a quick commission meeting.
- Sports Handle, 8.16.21: New York Gaming Commission Approves Mobile Sports Wagering Regulations
- The New York Gaming Commission unanimously approved a set of mobile sports betting regulations on Monday, clearing the latest procedural hurdle for the implementation of online sports wagering across the Empire State.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.16.21: Maryland Sports Betting Will Miss Start Of NFL Season
- Maryland sports betting is still a work in progress trying to launch during the football season.
- TN Bets, 8.16.21: Poll Shows 2.5% Of North Carolina Bettors Plan To ‘Gamble’ At Least $4K Per Month On Sports
- The North Carolina Legislature is currently chewing on legislation for sports betting over the internet, and fresh survey data from a local university sheds some light on the appetite for wagering.
- FOX 42 KPTM, 8.16.21: Iowa Sports Betting Reaches $1.7 Billion In Two Years
- Sunday marked two years since the first legal sports bet in Iowa was made on Aug. 15, 2019.
- Play Iowa, 8.16.21: What A Difference 2 Years Makes: Iowa Sports Betting Market Celebrates Second Anniversary
- Legal sports betting in Iowa is celebrating its second anniversary, and the industry has enough of a tailwind to blow out the candles in 2021.
- On Tap Sports Net, 8.16.21: Illinois Takes First Step Toward Allowing Online Sports Betting Registration
- The Illinois sports betting saga is entering its next chapter, and this one has the potential to change the game.
- IGB, 8.17.21: Washington DC Sees Sports Betting Revenue And Handle Fall In July
- Sports wagering revenue in Washington DC declined 10.0% month-on-month to $1.8m in July after the district reported a 34.4% fall in handle of the month.
- Sports Handle, 8.16.21: Washington Football Team, AGA Promote Responsible Sports Betting
- On Monday, the Washington Football Team (WFT) became the first NFL franchise to join the American Gaming Association’s responsible sports betting program, “Have a Game Plan. Bet Responsibly.”