iDEA Growth Member News
- Sports Handle, 8.2.22 – How FanDuel Plans To Encourage More Women To Place Sports Wagers
- With competition in Ontario’s sports betting industry growing fiercer by the day as more operators launch in the province, FanDuel is one company that says it is focusing on how to acquire more female bettors. [Alannah Della Vedova, Director of Content Activations and Brand]
- SBC Americas, 8.2.22 – Paysafe appoints Rob Gatto as its first Chief Revenue Officer
- Paysafe has appointed Rob Gatto as the specialized payments platform’s first-ever Chief Revenue Officer (CRO), effective immediately. [Bruce Lowthers, CEO, Paysafe]
- SBC Americas, 8.2.22 – FanDuel appoints Carolyn Renzin to Chief Legal Officer role
- FanDuel Group has expanded the duties of its current Chief Compliance Officer, Carolyn Renzin, making her the operator’s new Chief Legal Officer. [Christian Genetski, President of FanDuel Group]
- SBC Americas, 8.1.22 – Playtech changes Caliplay approach due to ‘deteriorated’ conditions
- Playtech has updated its investors on its possible transaction regarding an agreement with Mexican gaming firm Caliente, which would allow its sports betting unit Caliplay to enter the US market. [Chris McGinnis, Director of Investor Relations and Strategic Analysis, Playtech]
- SBC Americas, 8.1.22 – Kindred begins buyback scheme repurchasing 23 million shares
- Kindred Group plc has launched a share buyback program after its board of directors authorized the reclaiming of up to 23 million shares at an Extraordinary General Meeting.
Sports League News
- MI Bets, 8.1.22 – Detroit Lions, Soaring Eagle Casino Announce Multi-Pronged Partnership
- Despite already partnering with BetMGM and WynnBET, the Detroit Lions have struck up another sports betting partnership, this one with the latest entry into Michigan’s sportsbook wars: Soaring Eagle Casino.
- Sports Handle, 8.2.22 – California’s Proposition 27 Launches New Ad Called ‘Shameful’ By Opposition
- The backers of California’s Proposition 27 on Monday released their latest ad supporting the sports betting initiative, and within hours a coalition of tribes opposed to the measure and led by the powerful Pechanga Band of Mission Indians pushed back, calling the ad “shameful and despicable.”
- Play CA, 8.2.22 – California Sports Betting Ad Pitting Small Tribes Against Wealthy Tribes Angers Many In Tribal Community
- New advertisements for California sports betting measure Proposition 27 call out “wealthy casino tribes” for trying to keep disadvantaged tribes from improving their positions through digital sports gambling.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.2.22 – MA Sports Betting Bill Was Held Up By In-State College Ban Debate
- David Muradian said that one of the sticking points in the compromise sports betting bill was the provision to allow MA bettors to wager on in-stage college teams during March Madness. [Jeff Irfrah, iDEA Growth founder and general counsel]
- Legal Sports Report, 8.1.22 – Analysis: House Won Most Key MA Sports Betting Negotiating Points
- There will be legal MA sports betting after all despite negotiations going beyond the zero hour of midnight Monday.
- ESPN, 8.1.22 – Massachusetts sports betting bill awaits governor’s signature after passing through legislature
- Massachusetts is poised to join the sports betting game after the state legislature came to an agreement early Monday morning that will allow licensed sportsbooks in the Commonwealth to offer wagering on professional and amateur sports with some restrictions.
- YogoNet, 8.1.22 – Betting Hero and Bankroll unite to create a “first-of-its-kind” sports betting concierge program in upcoming Philadelphia venue
- Bankroll, a new luxury sports bar experience that is landing in Philadelphia this fall, and Betting Hero, a live activation and customer experience company focused on the sports betting industry, announced a strategic partnership on Thursday that will create “a valuable sports betting concierge program for Bankroll’s guests.”
- iGB, 8.1.22 – Rhode Island betting handle surpasses $500m in 2021-22
- Consumers in Rhode Island spent more than $500m on sports betting during the 2021-22 financial year, while the US state’s betting revenue amounted to $39.7m.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.2.22 – June VA Sports Betting Report Shows Promo Deductions End For Many
- June’s report on VA sports betting marks the last promotional hurrah for seven sportsbook operators after new rules went into effect July 1.
- Play Virginia, 8.2.22 – Hey, 19: Where Virginia Ranks On The US Problem Gambling Map
- This news may come as somewhat of a surprise, considering Virginia just had its first casino opening in July. The state ranks in the top half of the country for problem gambling, according to personal finance website WalletHub’s April 2022 report.
- Sports Handle, 8.1.22 – A Mixed Bag Of Numbers For Virginia Sports Betting in June
- The Virginia Lottery reported gross sports wagering revenue of just under $26 million for the month of June on Monday, a monthly low for 2022.