- AP News, 8.20.19 – Justice Department To Challenge Internet Gambling Ruling
- The Justice Department is planning to challenge a federal judge’s ruling that a law prohibiting interstate wagering applies only to sports gambling, renewing the dispute over whether it’s illegal to sell lottery tickets online.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 8.20.19 – Q&A: PointsBet Sportsbook’s Seth Young On US Growth, What’s Unique And What’s Better
- If you didn’t know about PointsBet Sportsbook last year, you probably do now. Headquartered in Australia, the sportsbook launched only seven months ago in New Jersey in conjunction with the Meadowlands Racetrack, and since has forged partnerships to several more newly legal U.S. jurisdictions, keeping pace with or outstripping some more established U.S. brands, at least in terms of footprint.
- Play USA, 8.20.19 – An Inside Look At One Of The First Iowa Sportsbooks
- Iowa sportsbooks start popping up across the state last week. Among them: The PointsBet Sportsbook has opened at the Catfish Bend Casino.
- US Bets, 8.21.19 – DraftKings CEO On Being ‘Better Than The Beach’
- In a remarkably-long — 39 minutes — and sometimes disjointed interview (thanks to the host), DraftKings CEO Jason Robins on Monday offered some interesting insight on the company’s outlook on sports betting and daily fantasy sports.
- Syracuse, 8.20.19 – Del Lago Casino Sets Date To Open Sports Betting
- Legal sports betting comes to the Finger Lakes Friday with the opening of the DraftKings Sportsbook at del Lago Resort Casino just off the New York State Thruway.
- Play USA, 8.20.19 – The First Sportsbook On The West Coast Goes Live In Oregon Next Week
- Legalized sports betting has reached the West Coast.Chinook Winds Casino Resort, located in Lincoln City on the Oregon coast, announced late Monday that it planned on opening a retail sportsbook August 27 at 9 a.m.
- Gambling Compliance, 8.21.19 – Oregon Set To Become Lucky Number 13 Among Sports-Betting States [subscription paywall]
- As the Oregon Lottery finalizes its plans to introduce sports betting next month, a Native American tribe will be the first to launch wagering on sports next week when they offer a full menu of betting options, including both professional and collegiate sports.
- Com, 8.20.19 – Maine Sports Betting Bill Granted One More Hope To Survive
- Maine Gov. Janet Mills will call a special session of the state legislature, giving Maine’s sports betting bill a slim chance to survive.
- Play NJ, 8.20.19 – Three Amazing Stats From NJ’s Record Month For Online Gambling
- If it’s not clear that online gambling — both casino and sports betting — is an unmitigated success in New Jersey, it should be now.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.20.19 – Our View: Why FanDuel Sportsbook Will Dominate Pennsylvania Like It Did New Jersey
- FanDuel accounts for a huge percentage of the total revenue and wagers in the New Jersey sports betting industry in its first year — around 50% of all retail and online sports wagering in the state.
- New Hampshire Union Leader, 8.20.19 – New Hampshire Lottery: Feds’ Appeal Could Cost $100 Million A Year
- Federal prosecutors are asking an appeals court judge to rule that up to $100 million in annual lottery betting in New Hampshire runs afoul of the federal Wire Act.
- Play WV, 8.20.19 – NFL And WVU Football Futures Continue To Drive WV Sports Betting Market
- There are some encouraging signs in the West Virginia sports betting market thanks to the return of college and NFL football. With the most gambled on sport about to make its return, the WV market is seeing a solid jump in betting handle.
- Gaming Intelligence, 8.21.19 – Mississippi Sports Betting Market Continues Decline Into July [subscription paywall]
- Mississippi’s regulated sports betting market declined for the fourth consecutive month as total wagers fell to $13.4m during the month of July.