iDEA Growth in the News
- Gambling Compliance, 8.23.19 – Lobbyist Hopes Michigan Will Reverse Trend To Marginalize Online Gambling [J. Ifrah as iDEA Growth spokesperson]
- State legislatures continue to be much more receptive to sports betting than internet gambling but the founder of an online gaming trade association is hoping Michigan may buck the trend.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 8.22.19 – So What’s Up With The SBTech Deal After DraftKings Extension With Kambi?
- Kambi announced early Thursday an extension of its New Jersey sports betting contract with DraftKings Sportsbook, as well as a major expansion.
- Sports Handle, 8.22.19 – FanDuel, DraftKings Prepping For West Virginia Mobile Launch
- Six months after West Virginia‘s first run at mobile sports betting went dark, bettors will have two new options to try, likely by the end of the month. A source confirmed to Sports Handle Thursday that FanDuel will launch its mobile app, and multiple media reports indicate that DraftKings will do the same.
- WHEC, 8.23.19 – Let The Gaming Begin: Opening Day For Sports Betting At Del Lago [DraftKings]
- Del Lago Resort & Casino will start accepting bets on sports Friday afternoon. The DraftKings Sportsbook, a 6,000-square-foot lounge, is located on the casino floor near the entrance to The Vine showroom.
- NJ Gambling Sites, 8.22.19 – Online Sports Betting Giant 365 Finally Opens Its Doors In New Jersey
- Bet365 NJ is finally live for sports wagering in the Garden State. The testing phase began Thursday.
- WTAP, 8.22.19 – Hotlines Prepared For Sports Wagering
- With the approaching football season comes betting on the games. West Virginia has been gearing up for sports betting since the legislature in 2018 passed a law allowing it in the Mountain State.
- US Bets, 8.22.19 – Even With Sports Betting, Proposed Chicago Casino Sites Would Make Negative Dollars
- Last week, the Illinois Gaming Control Board released a study from Union Gaming that showed none of the five proposed sites for a Chicago casino would be “feasible,” thanks to an “onerous tax and fee structure” currently set by the new gaming law.
- Radio Iowa, 8.22.19 – State Regulators Approve More Sports Gambling Agreements
- The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission approved more sports betting agreements today for casinos.
- Sioux City Journal, 8.22.19 – Hard Rock To Begin Sports Betting Operations In Mid-September, Mobile Betting Coming Later
- State regulators on Thursday approved the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino’s new sportsbook, but the Sioux City casino won’t start taking its first bets on professional and college sports until mid-September.
- The Bulletin, 8.22.19 – Lincoln City Casino To Start Sports Betting Tuesday
- The sports betting era in Oregon will begin Tuesday, when the Chinook Winds Casino in Lincoln City starts up its games.
- AP News, 8.22.19 – Rhode Island Attempt To Block Challenge To Sports Betting
- Rhode Island lottery officials are trying to block a Republican-backed constitutional challenge to legal sports betting.
- News9, 9.22.19 – Oklahoma Casinos Look Into Possibility Of Adding Sports Betting
- Whether its football, or basketball, even tennis – every day across the country, millions of dollars change hands, all dependent on what happens between the lines. We’re talking about the multi-billion-dollar world of sports betting, and in the casino industry right now, it’s the talk of the trade.
- News On 6, 8.23.19 – Tonight At 10: Sports Betting
- A Supreme Court ruling opened the doors for sports betting in Oklahoma, but could it become a reality anytime soon? News On 6 looks at the wins & loses betting on sports could mean for the state.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC Americas, 8.23.19 – AGA on $10bn Milestone In US Sports Betting Since Demise Of PASPA
- The American Gaming Association (AGA) has responded to a major milestone in US sports betting, as more than than $10bn has been legally wagered on sporting events since the strike down of PASPA in May 2018.