iDEA Growth Member News
- iGB, 8.23.22 – Kambi pens multi-channel sportsbook deal with Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
- Kambi Group has entered into a multi-channel sportsbook agreement with Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort in the US state of Arkansas. Kristian Nylén, Co-founder and CEO of Kambi, is quoted in this story.
- SBC Americas, 8.23.22 – BetMGM expands multi-platform content deal with SportsGrid
- BetMGM has expanded and extended its strategic partnership with live sports wagering streaming video network SportsGrid via a multi-year agreement. Matt Prevost, Chief Revenue Officer at BetMGM, is quoted in this story.
- SBC Americas, 8.23.22 – Catena Media eyes Kansas entry as state launch looms
- Catena Media is ‘finalizing preparations’ to launch its sports betting affiliate operations in Kansas, ahead of the state’s official launch on September 8. The company confirmed its intentions to enter the state as Governor Laura Kelly announced a launch date coinciding with the beginning of the NFL season. Dustin Gouker, Catena Media Vice President of North America, Content, is quoted in this story.
- Michigan Sharp, 8.23.22 – DraftKings to Open Sports Betting Lounge at Michigan’s Somerset Collection
- DraftKings and Live! Hospitality & Entertainment announced plans to open a sports betting lounge at Somerset Collection in Troy in the fall of 2022. Michael Kibort, Senior Director of Retail Sportsbooks at DraftKings, is quoted in this story.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.23.22 – Opinion: Banning In-State College Betting Is Pointless And Performative
- The fact that people will find a way to bet on the sports that they want to bet on makes decisions like that of Massachusetts to exclude wagering on in-state college teams from regulated markets in the name of integrity all the more preposterous.
- Gaming Today, 8.22.22 – Sports Betting Execs: It’s Time to Reimagine Retail Sportsbooks in Mobile Era
- The sportsbook may still have a place. It just has to be less like a sportsbook. That’s because sports betting in the United States has taken an unmistakable characteristic in just four-plus years as a legal possibility outside of Nevada.
- Bloomberg, 8.23.22- California’s $364 Million Sports-Betting Fight Is Getting Messy
- California has the potential to become, it’s estimated, a multi-billion-dollar sports gambling market, larger than everywhere in the world except the UK. Which is why, with 11 weeks left to the November election, casinos, American Indian tribes and other interested parties have put up some $364 million — the greatest amount ever spent on a state ballot measure — to try to legalize it, shape it or kill it.
- Sports Handle, 8.22.22 – Both Major California Political Parties Now Oppose Proposition 27
- In a situation that political and gaming consultants say they haven’t seen before, both major parties in California have now come out in opposition to Proposition 27, the statewide mobile wagering initiative backed by the a group of seven commercial operators.
- Play CA, 8.22.22 – California Online Sports Betting Proposal Unites GOP and Dems
- Republicans and Democrats disagree on most issues but opposition to California online sports betting is bringing them together.
- Play IA, 8.22.22 – If You Breach Iowa’s Self-Exclusion Program You Could Be Criminally Charged
- “Stay away,” is the basic message behind Iowa’s Voluntary Self-Exclusion Program. The program does just what it says. It allows casino and lottery players to request exclusion from gambling in the state.
- Sports Handle, 8.22.22 – Louisiana Sportsbooks Record Another Historic Rout Of Public
- Louisiana sportsbooks again performed the voodoo that they do so well in July, as operators claimed $20.7 million in gross sports wagering revenue for the month. This was according to the state police, which track such matters and released the figures Monday.
- iGB, 8.22.22 – Massachusetts asks prospective operators to submit notice of intent form
- Newly-empowered state regulator the Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC) has released a notice of intent form, asking that any operators interested in applying for a sports betting license complete the document by 31 August 2022.
- Rocky Top Insider, 8.23.22 – Could Tennessee Expand Online Gambling Options?
- With how well online sports betting has been received in the Volunteer State, could legislators look to expand online gambling options? Are online casinos expanding anywhere? Let’s dive in.