- Legal Sports Report, 8.25.20 – First US Sports Betting Exchange Nears Reality As Sporttrade Secures NJ Partner
- America’s first regulated sports betting exchange is one step closer to reality.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.26.20 – Analysis: What A Bad NBA Line Shows About Balance Of Power In US Sports Betting
- The regulated versus offshore bookmaking debate reignited last week thanks to a bad NBA line from BetCris that was copied around the world.
- Cleveland Business Journal, 8.25.20 – Ball Or Strike? You Might Be Betting On Pitches In Future (subscription paywall)
- In the future, in-play betting opportunities will be enormous.
Overall Industry News:
- US Bets, 8.25.20 – BetMGM, VSiN To Launch ‘Betting Across America’ Sports Gaming Show
- BetMGM announced Tuesday that it’s throwing its hat into the sports betting TV show game through a partnership with the Vegas Stats & Information Network (VSiN).
- PlayPennsylvania, 8.25.20 – When Will Live Poker Rooms Reopen In Pennsylvania?
- Pennsylvania casinos closed in mid-March to slow the spread of coronavirus. They remained shuttered for over three months.
- PlayPennsylvania, 8.25.20 – Breaking: Harrah’s Philadelphia WSOP Poker Room Closed for Good, Sources Say
- The live poker room at Harrah’s Philadelphia appears to be permanently closed.
- Sports Handle, 8.25.20 – FanDuel Poised To Be Live For Mobile Sports Betting In Illinois By NFL Season
- FanDuel is lined up on the runway and will be the next mobile sportsbook to take flight in Illinois, after the Illinois Gaming Board confirmed on Tuesday that FanDuel’s partner, Par-A-Dice Casino, filed its “go-live” paperwork on Aug. 19.
- Sports Handle, 8.25.20 – PGA Tour Offerings Restores At Illinois Sportsbooks Ahead Of Chicago-Based Tournament
- Monday brought good news for fans shopping Illinois sportsbooks, as PGA Tour offerings were restored ahead of this week’s BMW Championship, which is being held just outside of Chicago at Olympia Fields Country Club.
- iGB North America, 8.26.20 – IL Brings In New Casino Restrictions As COVID-19 Cases Rise
- The Illinois Gaming Board has confirmed that restrictions will be introduced in a number of regions across the state amid rising novel coronavirus (Covid-19) cases.
- Gambling Compliance, 8.26.20 – Casino Supporters Sue Nebraska’s Secretary Of State To Get Initiatives On November Ballot (subscription paywall)
- Nebraska’s top elections official’s decision on Tuesday to deny placing three measures legalizing casinos on the November ballot caused supporters to immediately file a lawsuit asking a state court to compel the secretary of state to place the initiatives on the ballot.
- iGB North America, 8.25.20 – Louisiana’s Coushatta Casino Partners Rush Street For Social Launch
- Louisiana-based Coushatta Casino Resort has launched a new social casino and sportsbook in partnership with Rush Street Interactive.