iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 8.27.20 – BetMGM Online Casino Launches Amidst Flurry Of Activity In West Virginia (GVC)
- West Virginia now has its second online casino, as BetMGM launched its casino app in partnership with The Greenbrier. Meanwhile, two new online sportsbooks should be launching in the state very shortly.
- iGB North America, 8.28.20 – Evolution To Power Live Casinos For BetMGM In US
- BetMGM, the betting brand operated via the GVC Holdings and MGM Resorts joint venture, has selected Evolution Gaming to power its live casino games in the US.
- Gambling Compliance, 8.28.20 – Major US Sports Betting Brands Thinking Nationally For Future Marketing Plans (DraftKings; subscription paywall)
- With sports betting expected to be live in at least 20 U.S. jurisdictions by year’s end, top executives at the country’s leading sports-betting brands have highlighted the importance of having national customer acquisition strategies.
- PlayIllinois, 8.27.20 – Illinois Sports Bettors Won’t Miss The On-Site Registration Requirement (DraftKings)
- This is a first-person account of the on-site sports betting registration requirement in Illinois. Gov. JB Pritzker has since suspended the executive order through Sept. 19.
- SBC Americas, 8.28.20 – BetAmerica Appoints Kambi Group For Sportsbook Tech And Services
- Kambi Group plc has signed a multi-year agreement with sportsbook operator BetAmerica, a subsidiary of Churchill Downs Incorporated (CDI).
- iGB North America, 8.28.20 – Churchill Downs Shifts Online Offering To Kambi And GAN
- Churchill Downs Incorporated (CDI) has announced that it will migrate its BetAmerica-branded sports betting and igaming business to Kambi and GAN’s software.
- Online Poker Report, 8.27.20 – This Sports Media Company Will Branch Out Into NJ Online Casino Next Year
- The legal online casino market in the US just keeps getting more crowded. Canadian digital sports media company theScore has announced that it will throw its hat into the ring next year.
- PlayNJ, 8.27.20 – NJ Gaming News: Bally’s New Owners Are Busy Making Online Gambling Deals
- Here are the latest headlines making New Jersey gambling news this week.
- PlayNJ, 8.27.20 – TheScore Bet Online Casino Is In The Works Thanks To A Deal With Bally’s
- TheScore Bet is doubling down on its New Jersey investment.
- Penn Bets, 8.27.20 – Strong Slots Resilience, Despite Fewer Of Them, Is Helping Casinos’ Pandemic Bottom Line
- One of the discoveries for Pennsylvania casinos upon reopening in June and July was how much more revenue each slot machine could generate on a daily basis with fewer in use.
- Sports Handle, 8.27.20 – Michigan Moves Closer To Online Sportsbook Launch With Public Hearing Date Set
- Another milestone came into sight on the road to legal online sportsbooks in Michigan, as regulators this week gave notice for a Sept. 23 public hearing for comments on the draft online sports betting regulations published earlier in August.
- PlayMichigan, 8.27.20 – With Public Hearing Sept. 23, Online Betting Launch Could Come November
- The public has a chance to voice their thoughts on the forthcoming Michigan launch of internet gambling next month.
- PlayUSA, 8.27.20 – Betting Industry Prospectors Include Hall Of Fame Developers, Sinclair
- With Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Co., Mike Crawford has his own plans. The developer plans to transform the real estate around the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, into a “Disneyland of Football.”
- PlayColorado, 8.27.20 – Table Games Still A No-Go For Colorado Casinos
- Table games are still on hold. Since Colorado casinos got the green light to reopen in mid-June, that’s been one of the stipulations.
- Gambling Compliance, 8.28.20 – Nevada Gaming Regulators Sign Off On William Hill’s Takeover Of CG Technology (subscription paywall)
- Sportsbook operator CG Technology is expected to wind down its operations by next month after the Nevada Gaming Commission (NGC) on Thursday approved the company’s acquisition by William Hill.
- PlayNevada, 8.27.20 – William Hill Approved To Purchase GC Technology In Nevada
- The Nevada Gaming Commission (NGC) approved William Hill to purchase rival sportsbook operator CG Technology. According to William Hill CEO Joe Asher, the company will purchase the assets and leases for CG Technology in cash.
- PlayCA, 8.27.20 – A Second California Cardroom Goes The Extra Mile To Reopen Outdoors
- While California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s order closing cardrooms in his state remains in effect, operators are getting creative. There are now two outdoor California cardrooms in operation.