Industry News of the Day for August 29, 2019
iDEA Growth Member News:
- PlayWV, 8.29.19 – DraftKings, FanDuel, WVU Football Brings West Virginia Sports Betting Back To Life
- It seemed like we would never get legal online sports betting in West Virginia back. Then just like that DraftKings Sportsbook and FanDuel Sportsbook show up on our mobile devices and all is right in the Mountain State.
- Sports Handle, 8.28.19 – DraftKings Second To Launch Mobile In West Virginia This Week
- DraftKings made it two this week in West Virginia. Two days after rival FanDuel launched its mobile app in the Mountaineer State, DraftKings did the same Wednesday morning.
- PlayUSA, 8.28.19 – DraftKings Sportsbook Joins Rival In West Virginia Online Sports Betting
- Two days after chief rival FanDuel Sportsbook revived online wagering in the Mountain State, DraftKings Sportsbook entered the fold Aug. 28.
- Gambling Compliance, 8.29.19 – 888 Sees Sports Betting As Tool For Internet Gambling Expansion In U.S. [subscription paywall]
- Almost six and a half years after Nevada licensed 888 as the first company in any U.S. jurisdiction to provide online gambling exclusively, the Gibraltar-based business is hoping sports betting becomes the gateway for the expansion of internet casino games across the country.
- PlayNJ, 8.28.19 – New Jersey Sports Betting Steals The Crown From Nevada Once Again
- Nevada may be the undisputed champion when it comes to legalized sports betting. After all, they’ve been betting on sports for decades. New Jersey, however, continues to prove it has what it takes to contend for the crown.
- WDRB, 8.28.19 – Indiana Sports Betting Becomes Legal Sunday, 2 Facilities Open Sept. 12 Near Louisville
- Sports betting will be legal in Indiana beginning Sunday, and the state’s casinos are ready.
- The Washington Post, 8.28.19 – The Little Firm That Got A Big Chunk Of D.C.’s Lottery And Sports Gambling Contract Has No Employees
- The Greek company Intralot, which last month received a $215 million contract to bring sports gambling to the nation’s capital and to continue running its lottery, says more than half the work will go to a small D.C. firm — a condition that helped the gaming giant win the no-bid contract.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.29.19 – Wager On Rhode Island Sports Betting Going Online For NFL Season
- The one small corner of New England with legalized sports betting is working to make a little more elbow room for itself.
Sports League News:
- PlayPennsylvania, 8.28.19 – A More Perfect Union: Parx Partners Up With Phillys MLS Team
- Parx Casino fans are about to get a real kick at the Philadelphia Union soccer club and its Talen Energy Stadium.