iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas, 8.3.22 – Sportradar launches Virtual NBA to help operators increase engagement
- Sportradar has launched Virtual NBA, a computer-generated betting solution designed to improve engagement, as part of its partnership with the NBA. [Frank Wenzig, Managing Director of Gaming, Sportrader]
- SBC Americas, 8.3.22 – US igaming could generate $6.35bn in annual taxes – L&W report
- US igaming has the potential to generate over $6.35bn in annual state taxes, should the 42 states that legalize land-based casinos or mobile sports betting allow online casinos to operate, according to a report conducted by Vixio GamblingCompliance.
- Bonus.com, 8.2.22 – Study Estimates $5 Billion in Lost Tax Revenue for States Without Online Casinos
- Currently, regulated US online casinos serve six states, leaving 44 without such an option. Together, those iGaming products generated just shy of $1 billion in direct tax revenue in 2021. [Eric Ramsey, Market Analyst Lead, Catena Media]
- Gaming Today, 8.2.22 – Can I Bet On In-State College Sports Where I Live? A Look At Rules, Options Ahead Of Football Season
- Massachusetts sports bettors won’t have the opportunity to bet on Boston College or any of the other college football teams in the state when the season begins later this month.
- Play NY, 8.2.22 – Charles Oakley, Wager Score Aim To Educate College Students About Responsible Gambling
- The next chapter for Charles Oakley: responsible gambling. The NBA’s last enforcer is now charged with protecting college students from getting out of line with their bet amounts.
- California Casinos, 8.2.22 – Major California Newspaper Urges Readers to Vote No On Prop 26 and Prop 27
- One of the San Francisco Bay Area’s leading news sources has published a scathing editorial against California sports betting, advocating no votes on both Prop 26 and Prop 27.
- SBC Americas, 8.2.22 – Dueling Prop 27 ads in California both take the gloves off
- Usually when it comes to bringing gambling expansion to the state, those who already benefit from gambling find a way to unite and push the legislation through into law.
- Sports Handle, 8.2.22 – Colorado Posts Negative Net Sports Betting Revenue For June
- The Colorado Department of Revenue reported a negative adjusted revenue total for sports wagering in the month of June on Tuesday, the second time that has happened in the last five months.
- Sports Handle, 8.3.22 – Unpacking Massachusetts’ Bill: College Ban, Data Mandate, Extra Fees, And More
- Massachusetts lawmakers went into overtime Monday to pass a statewide mobile sports betting bill that would prohibit wagering on local college teams but would allow for up to 15 digital platforms. H 5164 was lauded by politicians and bettors, but has a few hidden items that may raise an eyebrow for stakeholders, including an official league data mandate and what appears to be an additional $1 million-per-year payment from stand-alone digital operators into the state’s problem and responsible gaming fund.
- Gaming Today, 8.2.22 – Which Sportsbooks Will Receive Massachusetts Sports Betting Licenses?
- Massachusetts sports betting will bring more than 20 legal sportsbooks to the Bay State – including 15 mobile sports betting apps. As for which online sportsbooks will be licensed in the state, the smart money is on top-performing sportsbooks already live in New England and neighboring states. [Jason Robbins, CEO, DraftKings]
- SBC Americas, 8.3.22 – Virginia sportsbooks posts 25% YoY growth in June despite monthly dropoff
- Virginia sportsbooks handled less than $300m in June, a significant decline on May’s $351.5m as most major sports leagues remain in the offseason.