- Legal Sports Report: Despite Growing Attention, Sports Betting Ad Impressions Up 25%
- As attention to sports betting ads grows across North America, operators are adjusting their approach Abut not slowing down their marketing. Sports betting ad impressions in the US from January 1 to August 15 grew 25% year-over-year, according to ad tracking firm iSpot. The growth comes outside of the NFL betting season, which often draws the bulk of sports betting promotions and is about to kick off for US sports betting.
- SBC Americas: Bally Bet Relaunches In US With New Betting App And Added Ohio Market
- A little more than two months after powering down its proprietary app, Bally Bet is back up and running with a sportsbook app powered by Kambi and using White Hat’s player account management system (PAM). Bally Bet is fully live in Ohio and will be relaunched in the following states very soon: Iowa, Indiana, Colorado, Arizona, New York, and Virginia. That is important for Ohio, as Bally’s signed a ten-year partnership with the Cleveland Browns in April 2022 in advance of the Jan. 1, 2023 launch date in the state.
- PlayUSA: Big Ten Conference Joins US Integrity To Mitigate Sports Betting
- Yet another National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) conference is partnering with US Integrity (USI) to help mitigate sports betting among student-athletes. This time, the Big Ten Conference is enhancing its monitoring efforts to help prevent student-athletes, coaches and staff from engaging in prohibited sports wagering. In addition, the conference announced it will debut a gameday student-athlete availability report for all football competitions during the 2023 season.
- Bonus.com: BetMGM Completes Single Account Migration in 6 States, Leaving Some Bettors Frustrated
- BetMGM completed its single wallet and app migration in six states, the online gambling operator announced to bettors in an Aug. 30 email. However, BetMGM left many site and app users irritated during the process. Bettors especially voiced their views on Reddit and X on Aug. 28, when the site was down for the scheduled upgrade. BetMGM Sportsbook wagerers in Arizona, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Tennessee experienced the Monday outage. New Jersey gamblers also have access to BetMGM Casino.
- PlayMichigan: Michigan Online Casino’s Contributing To 2023’s Revenue Growth
- It’s certainly an understatement to say that Michigan online casinos are doing well. Throughout 2023, all Michigan online casinos have combined for over $1 billion in revenue through seven months. That revenue total is over 23% greater than through seven months of 2022. So, as a great businessman named Ric Flair once said, “what’s causing all this?” Which operators are most responsible for 2023’s growth in revenue?
- Sports Handle: Futures Payouts Put Drag On July Sportsbook Revenue In Nevada
- Winning futures tickets put a notable dent in Nevada sportsbook revenue for July, as the state’s gaming control board reported $25.3 million in adjusted gross winnings for the month. Overall, the house paid out $3.6 million above the combined $39.2 million handle from football, basketball, and hockey bettors in the Silver State. Payouts in basketball were $2.1 million above the $34.4 million worth of wagers made in July, while the public came out $782,000 ahead on $3.1 million in football bets.
- PlayNY: New York Gambling Regulators Release Answers To First Set Of Downstate Casino Questions
- State gambling regulators released the first round of downstate New York casino applicants’ Q&As on Wednesday afternoon, revealing what topics gambling companies and developers are most concerned with at the earliest stages of the process. The 103-page report deals with all manner of regulatory steps and procedures required by the 11 applicants seeking one of three available downstate NY casino licenses.
- NC Sharp: DraftKings Narrows Gap on FanDuel, And What That Means for North Carolina
- Online sports betting numbers from a few select states reveal that the edge FanDuel has enjoyed over rival DraftKings is narrowing, or may even have disappeared. This according to analysis from the experts at Earnings+More, a financial newsletter from +More Media. If this trend continues into the next quarter and beyond, by the time online sports betting in North Carolina launches, the industry may have a new market share leader.
- Gambling News: Scientific Games Extends Its Partnership with the Ohio Lottery
- A few days after launching a new product in Pennsylvania, Scientific Games, a leader in the provision of lottery solutions, has announced an extension of its successful deal with the Ohio Lottery. According to the announcement, the former party will continue to supply the latter company with scratch-off games management and SCiQ retail point-of-sale technology.
- PlayPennsylvania: PokerStars Unveils White Hat Slots On Pennsylvania Online Casinos
- White Hat Studios’ online slots are popping up all over Pennsylvania online casinos. The company is now partnered with PokerStars Casino, bringing its array of titles to another operator. White Hat Studios’ presence is growing fast in Pennsylvania, and the addition of new slots should strengthen PokerStars. The operator is also currently hosting an inaugural poker tournament at a PA casino.