Industry News of the Day for August 5, 2019
- Business Insider, 8.2.19 – 42 States Have Or Are Moving Towards Legalizing Sports Betting – Here Are The States Where Sports Betting Is Legal
- The Supreme Court of the United States lifted the federal ban on sports betting on May 14, 2018. The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act was challenged in court when New Jersey attempted to allow sports betting by working around the federal law.
- Sports Handle, 8.2.19 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: CT Bill, Penn National’s Big Play
- Connecticut lawmakers have been jawing about sports betting since the start of the 2018 legislative season, but the General Assembly adjourned in June without legalizing sports betting. Nearly two months later, a group of lawmakers has finally come together with a draft bill that would legalize online/mobile wagering, and other online gambling.
- Philadelphia Business Journal (subscription paywall), 8.2.19 – NBC Sports Philadelphia To Simulcast New Sports Betting Show
- Starting Aug. 5, the program on sports betting and other sports topics will begin airing on TV in Philadelphia and other NBC Sports regional networks as well as via streaming.
- Gulf Live, 8.2.19 – Beau Rivage Opens State-Of-The-Art Sports Book Facility On Anniversary Of Legal Sports Betting In Mississippi
- Hoping to appeal to not only sports betting enthusiasts, but to a new audience as well, the Beau Rivage Casino & Resort opened a new multi-million dollar, state-of-the-art sports book facility.
- Play WV, 8.2.19 – Remember The Bettors: Lottery Turns Its Attention To West Virginia Online Casinos
- Many sports bettors in West Virginia are stuck in limbo waiting for an online sports betting app to return to the Mountain State. Those bettors might not be happy to hear the state appears to be moving forward with launching online casinos while sports betting is still a work in progress.
- AP, 8.3.19 – Indiana Casinos Looking For Jump On Midwest Sports Betting
- Indiana casinos are racing ahead with preparations to launch legalized sports betting in early September, looking to seize an advantage over competitors in Chicago and other nearby large markets where such wagers aren’t yet allowed.
- The Nevada Independent, 8.4.19 – Time To Amend Nevada Online Poker Regulations
- I worked my first job in the online poker industry in 2001 and was involved in it until 2018. Some call me the industry’s historian. I became a player advocate during online poker’s Wild West days. I worked hard to keep the games clean, exposing many bad elements over the years.
- TN Bets, 8.2.19 – Tennessee Sports Betting Launch In January, State Official Says
- Arguably the most surprising and impressive state-level effort on sports betting in 2019 belongs to Tennessee, home to no casinos of any kind. The over/under on Tennessee enacting a sports betting law post-PASPA could reasonably have been 3.5 years, or more. It took the state just one.
- The News Guard, 8.3.19 – Sports Betting Returns To Oregon For Upcoming Sports Seasons
- The Oregon Lottery recently released the name and logo of Oregon Lottery Scoreboard – an online sports book allowing players aged 21 and over, to wager on nearly every professional sport.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.2.19 – What The Launch Of Iowa Sports Betting Will Look Like
- The race is on for sportsbooks in Iowa to be ready for an Aug. 15 launch date. The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission (IRGC) approved emergency rules for sports betting and gave Iowa sports betting licenses to 18 casinos in the state this week.
- Des Moines Register, 8.2.19 – Iowa Sports Betting: What To Do Now That Official Rules, Start Date For Legal Gambling Are Finalized
- The final countdown for legal sports wagering in Iowa is officially on. The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission approved the final rules for the state’s initial run at taking bets at a special meeting last week in West Des Moines. Included in those rules is the big date to circle on your calendars: Aug. 15 at noon.
- Radio Iowa, 8.3.19 – Casino Managers Look To Sports Betting To Bring More Customers
- Casino operators say they are anxious to get sports betting underway after the Racing and Gaming Commission approved the emergency rules Tuesday setting the start date for August 15th.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- PR Newswire, 8.5.19 – iDEA Growth Emerges As Voice Of Regulated Mobile Gaming Industry With Kindred Group (Unibet) Joining As Its 25th Member
- iDEA Growth, a trade association representing all sectors of the burgeoning online gaming and entertainment industry in the U.S., announced today that it is 25 members strong, with the most recent addition of Kindred Group, as the voice of the industry advocating for legalized mobile gaming and betting.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.5.19 – The Week In Sports Betting: Penn National Wheels And Deals, Iowa Races Indiana To The Start (DraftKings, Kambi, PointsBet and The Stars Group)
- Not every week is dense enough with sports betting news to warrant a full-sized recap, frankly, but last week was not one of those weeks. The story that broke Wednesday was the largest in some time.
- Online Poker Report, 8.2.19 – 888 Online Casino Gets New Jersey Overhaul Ahead Of Poker Makeover
- Online gambling operator 888 is turbo-charging its position in New Jersey with the launch of a new gaming platform called Orbit. Orbit has been live in the UK market since May 2018, followed by launch in a number of other European countries.
- PA Online Casino, 8.2.19 – All Hail DraftKings: Sportsbook Coming To PA Via The Meadows
- In the world of sports betting, Pennsylvania is now fit for a king. The sports betting realm, like royal watchers, have been speculating how DraftKings would break into the state’s scene. Especially, since FanDuel is already live. We got our answer this week.
- NJ Gambling Sites, 8.2.19 –DraftKings Sportsbook Plans To Expand Its Casino Games In A Big Way
- We all know that Atlantic City casinos never close. And as of now, neither does DraftKings Casino. The Boston-based company is the newest NJ online gambling operator to offer live dealer games 24/7. Farewell, 15-hour days.
Overall Industry News:
- ESPN, 8.2.19 – Who Is Betting On Preseason Football?
- The Denver Broncos, trailing 10-7, drove deep into Atlanta Falcons territory late in the fourth quarter of the Hall of Fame game Thursday night. Hundreds of thousands of dollars — much of it from professional bettors — was at stake.