Industry News of the Day for August 5, 2020
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 8.5.20 – DraftKings Launches Its Illinois Sportsbook Today
- The freshly rebranded DraftKings at Casino Queen launched its sportsbook operations in Illinois, becoming the second online betting app in the state.
- SBC Americas, 8.5.20 – DraftKings Live In Illinois With App And Retail Sports Betting Options
- DraftKings Inc has confirmed the official launch of the DraftKings at Casino Queen Sportsbook app and retail location in Illinois this week.
- Online Poker Report, 8.4.20 – German Gaming Giant Tipico Adds NetEnt Catalog To New Jersey Online Casino Plans
- Online gaming supplier NetEnt has struck struck a content deal with German sportsbook Tipico for its digital debut in New Jersey.
- PlayUSA, 8.4.20 – PlayUSA Rewind: William Hill Introduces Retail Sportsbook At DC Arena
- The MLB is in full swing, the NBA tipped off, the NHL returned to the ice. No doubt operators in the legalized sports betting world enjoyed those few days. Probably not as much as fans or bettors.
Overall Industry News:
- Bloomberg, 8.4.20 – As COVID Shutters Casinos, Indian Country Reels
- By the end of March, the coronavirus had closed every one of the 474 Indian casinos operating in the U.S. That deprived many communities of their primary source of revenue and has endangered decades of economic progress for American Indians and their neighbors.
- Gambling Compliance, 8.5.20 – Battle Over U.S. Sports-Betting Data Collection May Be Destined For Court (subscription paywall)
- As casinos in Michigan prepare to reopen on Wednesday, state gambling regulators are taking a hard line against the sports-betting industry’s traditional methods of collecting sports data.
- PlayPennsylvania, 8.4.20 – FanDuel Says I Do: Top PA Sportsbook Extends IGT Partnership with Eye Toward Expansion
- The two entities announced an extension to their partnership that will make IGT’s PlaySports platform the provider for FanDuel’s new and existing sportsbooks through at least 2024.
- Gambling Compliance, 8.5.20 – Extended Massachusetts Legislative Session Provides Reprieve For Sports-Betting Hopes (subscription paywall)
- On the verge of being scrapped, a long-debated proposal to legalize sports betting in Massachusetts has won a new lease on life amid an extension of the state legislative session until the end of the year.
- Lineups, 8.4.20 – Connecticut Tribal Chairman Questions Sports Betting Delay
- Connecticut’s tribal leader Rodney Butler, the chairman of the Mashantucket Pequot Tribe, says there is no reason why the state should not grant the two tribal casinos licenses for sports betting.
- PlayColorado, 8.4.20 – Let’s Play: The Story Of Colorado Sports Betting
- Despite some major and unexpected hurdles along the way, the expectations remain a mile high for the Colorado sports betting market.
- Colorado Politics, 8.4.20 – Documentary Examines The Short History Of Colorado Sports Betting
- The short history of legalized sports betting in Colorado now has a short documentary to explain how the state put the online games in play.