iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 8.5.20 – GVC And UNLV Report Poses Big Questions Around US Sports Betting
- The UNLV International Gaming Institute has published an in-depth report for legislators and regulators titled “The Big Questions: Sports Wagering in America.”
- iGB North America, 8.6.20 – Playtech Casino Launches In New Jersey With bet365
- Industry giant Playtech today announced it has launched its casino content in the state of New Jersey, through its long-term strategic partnership with major global operator bet365.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.5.20 – LSR Q+A: How FanDuel Will Run Dual-Brand Strategy Alongside Fox Bet (The Stars Group)
- If the US sports betting market is an arms race, then FanDuel might have the biggest arsenal. And the current market leader showed off its firepower in August, dropping $80 million into accounts across the US as sports returned.
- PlayWV, 8.5.20 – Fit For A King: DraftKings Casino Takes Over $16 Million In Wagers In First Weeks
- Online casinos in West Virginia are alive and well. After just two weeks, DraftKings Casino is generating some fairly impressive casino revenue figures.
- iGB North America, 8.5.20 – DraftKings Launches Mobile And Retail Sports Betting In Illinois
- Sports betting and daily fantasy sports operator DraftKings has announced the launch of its mobile and retail sportsbook platforms in Illinois, via a partnership with local operator Casino Queen.
- PlayIllinois, 8.5.20 – DraftKings Launches In Illinois, But Will In-Person Registration Keep It From Becoming Royalty?
- DraftKings is a powerful player in the sports betting industry in every state it operates. The extent of its prowess in Illinois remains to be seen, however.
- PlayUSA, 8.5.20 – Online Lottery States Rank In Top 25 On Spending Per Capita
- If you made a list ranking the top states that spend the most on lottery games on a per-capita basis, it would appear very similar to college basketball’s top 25.
Sports League News:
- US Bets, 8.5.20 – If No NFL, ‘Catastrophic Blow’ To Betting Business
- It’s unsettling to consider the impact on the sports betting business if by chance we don’t get those 17 weeks of regular-season football, three weeks of playoffs, and the biggest single-day event of every sports wagering year: the Super Bowl.
- Gambling Compliance, 8.6.20 – Connecticut Tribal Chairman Doubles Down On Sports-Betting Support (subscription paywall)
- Citing momentum in other states, the chairman of the tribe operating the Foxwoods Casino on Wednesday amplified his advocacy for the legalization of internet gambling and sports betting in Connecticut.
- PlayPennsylvania, 8.5.20 – Summer Wind Blows In Wind Creek PA Online Casino
- The summer wind blew in another online casino in Pennsylvania, upping the total to ten.
- Penn Bets, 8.5.20 – July Brought Pennsylvania A Lot More Casino Revenue And A New Online Gaming Site
- July took on the appearance of a strong rebound month for Pennsylvania’s casino industry, with brick-and-mortar properties claiming perhaps three-quarters of their normal revenue and the state gaining an 11th iGaming site.
- NJ Online Gambling, 8.5.20 – Milestone For New York Mobile Sports Betting Is Missed Without Fanfare
- Monday’s deadline for the New York State legislature to approve language for a constitutional amendment on whether to permit mobile sports betting came and went without fanfare.
- Sports Handle, 8.5.20 – Virginia Sports Betting Comments: Launch Soon, Don’t Penalize Winners
- The Virginia Lottery rolled out Phase 1 of its proposed sports betting rules in mid-July with the rest to come on Aug. 10. The public was invited to comment ahead of the Phase 1 proposed rules, and a formal public-comment period opened on July 15, when the rules were released.
- Gambling Compliance, 8.6.20 – Regulators Discuss More Collaborative Enforcement Process As Casinos Reopen (subscription paywall)
- As commercial casinos reopened Wednesday in Detroit, regulators from Michigan and other states with recent reopenings spoke about the new climate for compliance enforcement.
- PlayMichigan, 8.5.20 – Casinos Are Back In Detroit As Greektown, Motorcity Reopen
- After nearly five months of closures for Detroit’s casinos, two gambling houses reopened Wednesday to steady crowds, despite an order from Gov. Gretchen Whitmer to maintain a 15% maximum capacity.
- SBC Americas, 8.6.20 – Nuvei Approved To Offer Sports Betting Payment Services In Indiana
- Nuvei, the global payment technology partner, has this week been awarded a certificate of registration for sports wagering in the state of Indiana.
- iGB North America, 8.5.20 – theScore Given Green Light For Colorado Launch
- Score Media and Gaming, owner of online operator theScore Bet, has received authorization from the Colorado Division of Gaming to offer its online sports betting service to customers in the state.