iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 8.7.19 – Q&A With Kambi CCO Max Meltzer On Groundbreaking Partnership With Penn National
- On the eve of releasing its second quarter financial results for the first six months of 2019, Penn National Gaming, Inc. dropped a bombshell on the final day of July that carries significant ramifications for the sports betting industry over the next several years to come.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.6.19 – DraftKings, Penn National Finally Answer The Biggest Question In PA Sports Betting
- Even Kojak would have struggled to sleuth out how and when DraftKings Sportsbook would enter the PA sports betting market. Rumors spanning months ranged from imminent potential partnerships to DraftKings passing on Pennsylvania entirely.
- Online Poker Report, 8.6.19 – These Four Things Will Light The Path To Success For Pennsylvania Online Casinos
- The launch of the first three online casinos in July ushered in a new era of gambling in Pennsylvania. And because of its population and its successful land-based gambling industry, expectations are high.
- Play Pennsylvania, 8.6.19 – Lottery’s Record $1.1B Year Includes $40M In Lottery Expansion Profit
- It was a very good year for the Pennsylvania Lottery. In fact, it was the eighth consecutive record-breaking year. More than $4.5 billion in traditional games were sold over the 2018-19 fiscal year. That’s up by $302.7 million, or 7.2% over the previous year.
- Sports Handle, 8.6.19 – ‘Palmetto Forum’ Taking Sports Betting Conversation To South Carolinians
- To date, legal gambling and sports betting hasn’t had legs in South Carolina. But that could change as two former elected officials advance in the coming months a traveling forum with town-hall style meetings, to discuss gaming and sports betting as a way to help the state generate new revenue streams.
- US Bets, 8.6.19 – North Carolina Lawmakers Still Chewing On Bill Calling For Sports Betting Study
- A piece of legislation to establish a North Carolina Gaming Commission, a new regulatory body that would be required to conduct a study of sports wagering, was sent to a conference committee on Tuesday to hash out the final details of the nine-page proposal.
- AP, 8.6.19 – Embattled Ex-Speaker Named Members To Sports Betting Council
- Former House Speaker Glen Casada’s final moments as an embattled legislative leader were spent appointing members to Tennessee’s high-profile sports betting council.
- Hoosier State Bets, 8.7.19 – Penn Sports Interactive Awarded Preliminary Licensure In Indiana
- Indiana’s upcoming sports betting industry continues to take shape. On Monday, Penn Sports Interactive, LLC, an offshoot of Penn National Gaming, Inc., was issued a temporary vendor license for sports betting in the Hoosier State.
Overall Industry News:
- Bloomberg, 8.6.19 – Eldorado Considers Spinning Off Sports Betting After Closing Caesars Deal
- Eldorado Resorts Inc., fresh off an agreement to acquire Caesars Entertainment Corp. and become the largest casino owner in the U.S., has more deals in mind. Chief Executive Officer Tom Reeg is considering a spinoff of its sports-betting and online-gambling businesses after the Caesars purchase closes next year.