Industry News of the Day for December 10, 2020
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 12.10.20 – Entain Reveals New Vision And Direction With Big Focus On U.S. Expansion
- Entain, the global sports betting and gaming group formerly known as GVC Holdings plc, marked its first day trading under its new name with a range of new measures to deliver on the vision and direction recently outlined by its CEO Shay Segev.
- Insider Sport, 12.9.20 – In-Game Betting Will Drive Deeper Engagement With US Sports Fans, Says Sportradar’s Neale Deeley
- Neale Deeley, VP of US Sales and Gaming at Sportradar, detailed how in-play betting can enhance the individual supporter’s experience at the recent Betting on Sports America – Digital conference as part of a panel entitled ‘advancing the in-play live sports betting experience’.
- EGR North America, 12.9.20 – Betting On The Ballot: What’s Next For Louisiana, Maryland, And South Dakota? (subscription paywall)
- Louisiana, Maryland, and South Dakota voted ‘yes’ for legal betting in the Presidential Election, but which state presents the biggest opportunity to the industry and how might the wording of ballot questions have influenced the outcomes?
- Legal Sports Report, 12.9.20 – Is Ohio Sports Betting Access Already Decided Through New Bill?
- John Eklund introduced the substitute for SB 111, which legalizes sports betting in Ohio but limits the market to one skin per casino.
- iGB North America, 12.10.20 – Tipico Launches Sports Betting App In New Jersey
- German sports wagering operator Tipico has announced that its US business has launched a new sportsbook mobile application in the state of New Jersey.
- Penn Bets, 12.9.20 – How Much Can Mini-Casinos Add To Pennsylvania’s Gaming Revenue?
- The first hint of how much revenue a Pennsylvania mini-casino can make from gamblers who like playing close to home will come next week — but only a hint.
- The Hartford Courant, 12.9.20 – Tribes Place Plans On Hold For East Windsor Casino; Gov. Ned Lamont Will Negotiate On Sports Betting
- Connecticut’s two federally recognized Native American tribes are suspending their long-stalled plans for building a new casino in East Windsor — potentially paving the way for a broader solution on sports betting and gambling issues across the state.
- The Action Network, 12.9.20 – Missouri Sports Betting Takes Shape In 2021 With 3 New Bills
- Missouri lawmakers pre-filled three bills to permit the state’s first-ever legal retail and online sportsbooks in 2021, setting up the fourth-consecutive year sports betting legislation will be considered in the legislature.
- The Center Square, 12.10.20 – With Three Pre-Filed Bills On Tap, Missouri Likely To OK Sports Betting In 2021
- With states scrambling for revenues to boost pandemic-stressed budgets, it’s a good bet a raft of sports gambling bills will be approved by lawmakers across the nation in 2021.
- PlayIndiana, 12.10.20 – Indiana Sports Betting Handle Reaches Third-Straight Record Month
- Indiana set another sports betting record in November. November’s $251 million worth of wagers was the third-straight record month for the state.
- Savannah Morning News, 12.10.20 – No Longer A Longshot: Georgia Legislature Poised To Advance Gambling Legislation
- The odds against Georgia legalizing gambling beyond the state’s lottery get shorter every year.