iDEA Growth Member News:
- Michigan.Gov, 12.10.20 – Mich. Gaming Control Board Approves 15 Online Gaming Platform Providers’ Licenses (DraftKings, FanDuel, FOX Bet, Golden Nugget, Kambi)
- The Michigan Gaming Control Board has approved provisional licenses for 15 platform providers who will support commercial and tribal casinos’ online gaming and sports betting offerings.
- Sports Handle, 12.10.20 – Michigan Gaming Control Board OKs 15 For Online Sports Betting (DraftKings, FanDuel, FOX Bet, Golden Nugget, Kambi)
- The Detroit Lions are exceedingly unlikely to be playing in Super Bowl LV come February, but there is a very good chance bettors across the Wolverine State will be able to place wagers from their smartphones or laptops on the NFL Championship.
- PlayMichigan, 12.10.20 – 15 Michigan Online Gambling Operators Got Interim Licenses: What’s Next?
- Last week, the Michigan Legislature cleared the way for the Michigan Gaming Control Board to start licensing online gambling platform providers.
- Fox Business, 12.10.20 – DraftKings CEO: Sports Betting In More States Will Take Company To ‘Hyper Growth’
- “Many new states adopting legislation and regulatory frameworks” as it pertains to sports betting activity, would take DraftKings from “high growth to hyper growth,” the company’s CEO Jason Robins told “Mornings with Maria” on Thursday.
- SBC Americas, 12.11.20 – How Sports Betting Affects Problem Gambling Addressed At BOSA-Digital (Entain)
- Ensuring the safety and integrity of players amid the US sports betting boom was the subject of conversation during a special panel at last week’s Betting on Sports America – Digital conference.
- iGB North America, 12.11.20 – DraftKings Becomes Official Partner Of NHL’s Nashville Predators
- DraftKings has signed a deal to become the official daily fantasy sports provider and an official sports betting operator of the National Hockey League (NHL)’s Nashville Predators.
- PlayUSA, 12.10.20 – Many More States Are Likely To Legalize Betting In 2021 – And Here’s Why
- With more than half of the great big map of American sports betting shaded in green – or black, or whatever symbolic color – the factions that comprise the industry can’t help but contemplate the prized pieces left.
Overall Industry News:
- New Jersey Law Journal, 12.10.20 – Early Innings: Initial Issues Being Litigated In Legalized Sports Gambling
- With the expansion of legalized sports gambling (and the surge of money being wagered), an increase in sports gambling litigation will ensue. Here is a summary of legal issues that have arisen recently in such cases around the country.
- WSN, 12.11.20 – Will US “Sports Bettors” Eagerly Return To Sports Stadiums & Arenas Post COVID-19?
- Is the rising group of involved “sports bettors” eager to return to sports stadiums and arenas to focus directly on the action they paid to see and enjoy? Or might they view that as a potential risk distraction to the wagering action they prioritize?
- iGB North America, 12.10.20 – Ready Player One
- The suspension of traditional sports amid Covid-19 created a space for esports betting to fill, writes Cole Rush. Now the challenge is to maintain the vertical’s momentum in an especially fragmented regulatory landscape.
- PlayNJ, 12.10.20 – Tipico Now Live In New Jersey, Hoping To Be Anything But Typical
- The New Jersey online gambling market is already one of the most mature in the nation but it’s not slowing down. With the launch of Tipico Sportsbook, Garden State bettors now have 19 unique NJ sports betting apps to choose from.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.10.20 – All Signs Point To Connecticut Legalizing Sports Betting In 2021
- For years, talks of expanded gambling and sports betting has brought arguments and legal threats in the state of Connecticut.
- WSN, 12.11.20 – Projections Claim Virginia Sports Betting Could Earn $412M In Annual State Revenue
- Likely encouraged by neighboring states moving forward with plans for sports wagering Virginia is putting ambitious revenue goal numbers together, targeting their entry for 2021.
- WSN, 12.10.20 – While Awaiting Sports Betting Maryland Reports Slight Drop In November Casino Wagering
- The month of November has delivered a mixed bag of fateful wagering news for the state of Maryland.
- PlayIllinois, 12.10.20 – Show-Me State Aims To See MO Sports Betting In 2021, But Is Illinois On Board?
- In Illinois, the sports betting market has risen meteorically, already climbing to the fourth-most lucrative jurisdiction in the US. However, if efforts to legalize sports betting in Missouri prove successful, it could put a damper on that success.
- iGB North America, 12.10.20 – Indiana Sets New Monthly Sports Betting Records In November
- Indiana set new monthly records for sports betting revenue and handle during November, according to new figures released by the state’s regulator.
- PlayTenn, 12.10.20 – Georgia Legislature Moves One Step Closer To Legalizing Gambling
- Gambling has been outlawed in Georgia for quite some time, though tides are beginning to shift.
- The Hill, 12.10.20 – Adelson To Make Push For Casinos In Texas: Report
- GOP mega-donor Sheldon Adelson’s casino company Las Vegas Sands is looking to push for the legalization of casinos in Texas, the gaming organization confirmed this week.
- The Action Network, 12.10.20 – Texas Sports Betting Could Be A 2021 Reality, GOP Powerbroker Says
- Texas could be among a dozen states seriously considering legal sports betting next yea, said state government consultant and GOP powerbroker Phil Cox during a gaming industry event Thursday.