iDEA Growth Member News
- Catena Media, 12.12.19 – Catena Media Wins Casino Affiliate Of The Year At SBC Awards
- Catena Media won the award for Affiliate of the Year at SBC Awards 2019. The awards featured five main categories which included awards for operators, suppliers, operators & suppliers, affiliates and payment suppliers. Catena Media was also shortlisted for Sports Affiliate of the Year and Employer of the Year.
- Gaming Intelligence, 12.12.19 – GVC Appoints Jette Nygaard-Andersen To Board Of Directors
- London-listed betting and gaming operator GVC Holdings has appointed Jette Nygaard-Andersen as an independent non-executive director.
- Play NJ, 12.12.19 – New Jersey Gambling News: Student-Athletes Getting Paid, But Not Everything Is Golden
- With only a few more weeks left in 2019, everyone seems to be in the holiday spirit. This is especially true for sportsbooks in New Jersey as they refund bets, provide odds boosts and payout some awesome parlays. The New Jersey Assembly is also at work introducing the New Jersey Fair Play Act addressing student-athlete pay.
- Play NJ, 12.11.19 – Why Golden Globes Betting At NJ Sportsbooks Is A Long Shot
- Movie buffs were ecstatic last year when New Jersey announced it would allow betting on the Academy Awards. Then TV fans got in on the fun when several NJ online sportsbooks offered Emmys betting in September. However, unlike the Oscars or Emmys, the Globes are almost certainly going to remain off-limits for New Jersey sportsbooks.
- Play Pennsylvania, 12.11.19 – 2020 WSOP Plans Do Not Include Pennsylvania Online Poker… Yet
- The World Series of Poker (WSOP) is a summer affair. However, the holiday season is when poker players around the globe get excited about the world’s biggest tournament series.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.11.19 – Michigan Sports Betting En Route To Governor’s Desk After Wednesday Passage
- Michigan sports betting legislation is motoring through the state legislature Wednesday with the final course set for the governor’s desk.
- Sports Handle, 12.11.19 – Michigan Legislature Sends Sports Betting To Governor
- Michigan is on course to become the latest, and likely the last, state to legalize sports betting in 2019. The state Senate passed and the House concurred Wednesday on a package of gaming bills that will usher in legal mobile sports wagering, iGaming (online casino and poker), and daily fantasy sports (DFS).
- Online Poker Report, 12.11.19 – Michigan Legislature Passes Online Gambling Bill; One Hurdle Left To Clear
- Legislation to legalize and regulate internet casino gambling and online poker is motoring through the Michigan Legislature on Wednesday, tracking a course straight to the governor’s desk.
- Gambling Compliance, 12.12.19 – Michigan Legislature Sends Online Gaming, Sports Betting Bills To Governor (subscription paywall)
- Online gaming and sports betting will soon be legal in Michigan after the legislature sent a package of bills to Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Wednesday.
- Michigan House Republicans, 12.11.19 – Iden Leads Michigan Legislature’s Approval Of Sports Betting, Online Gaming Protections For Residents
- Brandt Iden yesterday led the state Legislature’s final votes to approve important consumer protections and modernize Michigan’s gaming laws to incorporate sports betting and evolving technology.
- Fox 2 Detroit, 12.11.19 – Gas Taxes And Budget Battles – Gov. Whitmer On Her First Year In Office
- From budget battles, gas tax proposals and even as recent as legal sports gambling, with Gov. Whitmer’s first year in office wrapping up, she says she has “no regrets.”
- Detroit Free Press, 12.11.19 – 4 Types Of Online Gambling Expected To Be Legal In Michigan Soon
- Four types of online gambling, including sports betting, could be operating legally in Michigan by March if Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, as expected, signs a package of bills sent to her Wednesday by the Legislature.
- The Detroit News, 12.11.19 – Michigan On Verge Of Joining National Sports Betting Movement
- Michigan took major steps Wednesday toward legalizing sports betting and online gaming, potentially joining a national push to allow and tax wagers on athletic events.
- Gambling Compliance, 12.12.19 – Oklahoma Tribes Launch Campaign To Support Casinos
- Oklahoma’s tribal casino operators have launched a public relations campaign to improve their image, amid a dispute over taxes and their state compact with Governor Kevin Stitt, who is determined to increase the fees tribes pay for the exclusive right to operate casinos.
- Sports Handle, 12.11.19 – Colorado Stakeholders Offer Diverging Views On Data Licensing At Integrity Working Group
- In the wake of the NFL’s first suspension of an active player for gambling in more than two decades, issues related to monitoring suspicious betting activity and data licensing dominated a Colorado working group session on integrity Tuesday.
- WABE, 12.11.19 – As Lawmakers Discuss Gambling In Georgia, Critics Maintain Strong Opposition
- The promise of increased revenue has led state lawmakers to consider again making gambling legal in the state of Georgia.
- The Center Square, 12.12.19 – Georgia Residents Speak Out About Legalizing Gambling
- Georgia lawmakers heard Wednesday from residents about the possibility of legalizing gambling in the state.
- New York Post, 12.11.19 – New York Needs To Consider The Perilous Seductions Of Online Sports Betting
- In 2020, New York state will likely face a staggering $6 billion budget shortfall. How will Albany make up the deficit?
- SBC Americas, 12.11.19 – Indiana Sports Betting Handle Goes Beyond $100m In November
- Indiana‘s online and retail sportsbooks took more than $100m in bets in a month for the first time, as online betting continued to rapidly gain traction in the state during a bustling November, according to analysts for Play Indiana.
- Play Indiana, 12.11.19 – Indiana Sports Betting Handle Soars To Nearly $150 Million In November 2019
- October 2019 saw legal Indiana sports betting approach the $100 million mark in bets. November’s numbers not only surpassed that milestone, but set the bar even higher.
- Play Indiana, 12.11.19 – Indiana Working Toward A ‘Full House’ Of Online Sports Betting Options
- Residents of and visitors to the Hoosier State currently have three legal online sports betting options. There could be twice that many by Super Bowl Sunday 2020 if Full House mobile sportsbook brands launch as desired.
Sports League News:
- SBC Americas, 12.12.19 – Joe Lee: Partnerships Play A Pivotal Role In US Sports Betting Integrity
- Head of GB&I at Paddy Power Betfair, Joe Lee has emphasized the importance of developing a collaborative relationship between the betting industry and sports governing bodies when it comes to maintaining integrity in US sports.
- Play USA, 12.11.19 – What Are The Biggest Sports Gambling-Related Scandals In NFL History?
- Though the NFL scrambles to protect the shield and integrity of its games amid expanding legalized sports betting nationwide, at least the league’s history of gambling scandals seems more like a whisper compared with the shouts of other pro leagues.