December 13, 2018
Industry news of the day:
- Legal Sports Report, 12.12.18 – New Jersey Sports Betting Revenue Bounces Back in November on Record $330 Million Handle
- After taking a beating on football in October, New Jersey sports betting revenue rebounded strongly in November.
- Online Poker Report, 12.12.18 – Another Month, Another Record for New Jersey Online Casino Revenue
- New Jersey online gambling revenue in November reached a new high-water mark for a single month. Again.
- Sports Handle, 12.12.18 – New Jersey Sports Betting Handle Skyrockets to $330M in November
- NJ Gambling Sites, 12.12.18 – Unibets Ups Its NJ Online Gambling Plans with Evolution Gambling Partnership
- Kindred Group solidified its NJ online gambling plans by extending its Evolution Gaming partnership this week.
- NJ Online Gambling, 12.13.18 – With Attention Focused on Sports Betting, NJ Online Casinos Continue to Break Records
- Sports betting fever may have swept through the state over the last several months, but the NJ online casino industry is still breaking records.
- NJ Online Gambling, 12.12.18 – Purse Subsidy for New Jersey Racetracks Advancing in Trenton
- A $100 million bill that figures to be crucial in the viability of the New Jersey horse racing industry, as well as its offshoots, is expected to be up for a vote of the full Senate next week.
- iGaming Business, 12.12.18 – NJ nears milestone $1bn handle figure
- New Jersey is closing in on $1bn handle since the launch of sports betting after announcing its November figures.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.12.18 – Rivers, Sugarhouse Casinos Set to Expand PA Sports Betting Market Starting Today
- The oft-rumored launch of the sportsbooks at Rivers Casino and Sugarhouse Casino takes place Thursday as Pennsylvania sports betting finally pushes forward.
- The Washington Times (Associated Press repost), 12.13.18 – 2 more Pennsylvania casinos open up for sports betting
- Wane, 12.12.18 – Indiana lawmaker talks of sports betting
- Betting money in Indiana on the Colts or the Pacers could become more than just a talker next year.
- Casino News, 12.13.18 – Chicago Mayor Wants a Casino that will Rival Indiana’s Horseshoe Hammond
- Chicago’s outgoing Mayor believes that a downtown casino would hurt the city’s convention business
- Gambling.com, 12.12.18 – Analysis: Lindsey Graham’s Compromised Views on Online Gaming
- A leading voice in the Senate has launched his latest salvo in an often lonely war against online casino gaming. As with his previous efforts, this opposition lacks foresight, and is tangled in the bidding of a biased benefactor.
Sports league updates:
- Legal Sports Report, 12.12.18 – The NFL Apparently Wants to be like other Leagues and Get a National Casino Partner
- The gold rush that has accompanied the advent of legal sports betting in the United States has apparently lured the NFL.
- PlayNJ, 12.12.18 – NFL Games were not the Lucky picks for these DraftKings Sportsbook Bets
- Sports Handle, 12.12.18 – Breaking Down the Stars Group-NBA Marketing, Data Deal
- Add Toronto-based The Stars Group Inc. to those seeking enlarged access to the newly legal domestic sports wagering marketplaces with the announcement on Tuesday of a multi-year partnership, establishing the company as an “authorized gaming operator” for the NBA in the U.S.
Overall industry updates:
- No new overall industry updates to report.