Industry News of the Day for December 14, 2020
iDEA Growth Member News:
- MLive, 12.13.20 – What To Know As Michigan Prepares To Launch Online Gambling And Sports Betting (subscription paywall; DraftKings, FanDuel, FOX Bet, Golden Nugget, Kambi)
- Placing a bet in Michigan will soon be as easy as picking up your phone or logging onto your computer.
- SBC Americas, 12.14.20 – SG And FanDuel Combine To Launch First Online Sportsbook In West Virginia
- Scientific Games Corporation has partnered with Flutter Entertainment subsidiary FanDuel Group, marking the US operator’s first online sportsbook launch in West Virginia with the company’s sports betting engine.
- SBC Americas, 12.14.20 – BetMGM Launches Live Casino Offering In Pennsylvania With Evolution
- BetMGM has confirmed the launch of a live casino offering in the state of Pennsylvania in partnership with Evolution. Pennsylvania becomes the second state to have access to Evolution’s live casino game offering through BetMGM Casino.
Sports League News:
- Sports Handle, 12.11.20 – NHL, NBA Not Quite Ready To Go All-In On Gambling Odds
- Down the road, a Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) executive told a Betting on Sports America conference audience last week, expect to see direct integration of gambling information with the arena or television fan experience.
- Buffalo Business First, 12.14.20 – Mobile Sports Betting Could Be Approved In New York By Year-End
- As New York state looks for ways to boost revenue for 2021, one means may be mobile sports betting.
- iGB North America, 12.11.20 – Rush Street Interactive Partners With Century For Online Casino In WV
- Rush Street Interactive – the online division of Rush Street Gaming – has partnered with Century Casinos’ Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack and Resort in order to launch online casino games in the state, with an expected launch date in the second quarter of 2021.
- Sports Handle, 12.11.20 – Pritzker Again Renews Order Allowing Remote Registration For Illinois Sports Betting
- Maintaining the status quo regarding remote registration for sports betting in Illinois, Gov. JB Pritzker again renewed Executive Order 2020-41 on Friday evening – the sixth time he has done so since initially issuing it in June.
- PlayIllinois, 12.11.20 – As Expected, Pritzker Extends Illinois Mobile Sports Betting Registration Until January
- This time around was a formality, but Illinois online sports betting registration has officially been extended until Jan. 9.
- The Gazette, 12.11.20 – Sports Betting In Iowa Sets Another Monthly Record In November
- Iowa gamblers wagered nearly $87.2 million last month on pro and college sports, setting another monthly record, according to documents posted Friday by the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission.
- iGB North America, 12.14.20 – Iowa Betting Revenue Rockets In November
- The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission (IRGC) has reported a 125.0% year-on-year rise in sports betting revenue in November, after amounts wagered grew 47.1% for the month.
- Tulsa World, 12.13.20 – Odds For Legalized Sports Betting In Oklahoma Are Iffy, For Now
- Legalized sports betting in Oklahoma could again be on the table amid COVID-19 cash-strapped state budgets and a growing number of states approving it.
- PlayCA, 12.11.20 – Tribal Initiative Nears 2022 Ballot, Opening Door For California Sports Betting
- At long last, California Native American tribes believe they have enough signatures to put their sports betting initiative in front of voters.