Industry News of the Day for December 15, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- US Bets, 12.15.21: Ask A Bookmaker With Johnny Avello: Are Lines Affected By Passionate Fan Bases?
- Welcome to our weekly “Ask a Bookmaker” feature, which will answer many of the common (and uncommon!) questions gamblers and enthusiasts have about how sportsbooks operate in the modern age of sports betting.
- Reuters, 12.15.21: Gambling Firm 888 To Sell Bingo To Focus On Core Business, U.S. Ops
- British gambling firm 888 Holdings Plc (888.L) said on Wednesday it would sell its Bingo business to a unit of UK-based Broadway Gaming Group for $50 million, as it focuses on its core offerings and the U.S. market
- Play CA, 12.14.21: Tribal Online Sports Betting Initiative Amended To Deal With Florida Court Decision
- Native American tribes backing a sports betting ballot initiative submitted changes Monday to how tribes can conduct mobile wagering.
- The Edwardsville Intelligencer, 12.15.21: Ohio Casino Official: College Sports Covered By Betting Bill
- Sports betting in Ohio will cover major collegiate sports — including Ohio State football — the head of the state agency tapped to regulate the new industry said Wednesday, batting down any question about the law’s intent.
- Sports Handle, 12.15.21: Two Maryland Sports Betting Licensees Add Diversity To Industry
- Last week, three Maryland casinos launched in-person sports betting, and two more are in the pipeline to launch retail sports betting in the coming weeks.
- Bay 9 Spectrum News, 12.15.21: The Future Of Online Gambling In Florida
- With a federal appeals court blocking an agreement between the state of Florida and the Seminole Tribe, online gambling remains shut down in the state.
- SBC, 12.15.21: Iowa Sportsbooks Set To Hit $2bn In Betting For 2021
- Iowa sportsbooks set wagering and revenue records in November, generating nearly $20m in revenue on nearly $290m in bets.
- Play IL, 12.14.21: BREAKING: Chicago City Council Lifts Sports Betting Ban, Which Means Stadium Sportsbooks Are A Go
- The Chicago City Council on Wednesday voted to lift the city’s sports betting ban, meaning retail sportsbooks are coming to Chicago stadiums.