iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 12.16.21: EveryMatrix Continues On US Growth Trajectory With Two New Licenses
- Igaming platform provider EveryMatrix has reported this week that it is rapidly advancing in multiple commercial negotiations in the US. In support of its strengthening sales pipeline, the firm has now filed for licensing in West Virginia and Michigan.
- SBC, 12.16.21: PointsBet Now Live In Eight States With Mobile App Launch In Virginia
- Online gaming operator PointsBet has launched its mobile app and digital sports betting product in Virginia, marking the firm’s eighth operational state alongside New Jersey, Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Colorado, Michigan, and West Virginia.
- Play NV, 12.15.21: DraftKings & FanDuel Getting Ready to Roll in Nevada
- DraftKings and FanDuel both quietly filed for a gaming license with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) earlier this year. According to PlayUSA, DraftKings’ license to operate in Nevada has been pending since March.
- Play VA, 12.15.21: With PointsBet Virginia Launch, VA Sportsbook Market Gets Even More Crowded
- With the PointsBet Virginia launch, Virginians have one more option where they can place a legal sports bet.
Overall Industry News:
- Bloomberg, 12.16.21: The Sports Gambling Gold Rush Is Absolutely Off the Charts
- Legal sports betting in the U.S. — once confined to Nevada — has gone mainstream.
- National Football Post, 12.15.21: Iowa, Indiana Set Sports Betting Records In November
- After Iowa and Indiana posted record sports betting numbers in October, it was expected that the numbers in November would show some decline. Instead, numbers continued to rise in both states.
- Play OH, 12.15.21: Live Updates: The Latest News, Info About Sports Betting In Ohio
- Lawmakers have finally done it: It’s only a matter of time until Ohio sports betting apps launch.
- Sports Handle, 12.15.21: Ohio Sports Betting Bill Could Cost Operators
- Whenever a state considers legalizing sports betting, the tax rate is usually a key issue. In Ohio, where lawmakers approved legal wagering with a 10% tax last week, it’s not the rate, but when and how taxes will be paid that is rising to the top of a list of concerns for operators.
- MI Bets, 12.16.21: Michigan Sportsbooks Post New Handle Record In November
- For the second month in a row Michigan’s online sportsbooks set a record for handle, with November seeing $473.8 million wagered in the state, up from October’s then-record $463.3 million, according to figures released Thursday by the Michigan Gaming Control Board.
- Play Mi, 12.16.21: Michigan Sports Betting Passes $500 Million In Monthly Handle For First Time
- The Michigan football team was not the state’s only big winner in November. Sports betting in Michigan reached a significant combined monthly milestone of half a billion dollars.
- Chicago Sun Times, 12.15.21: City Council Lifts Chicago Ban On Sports Betting — And Imposes A 2% Tax
- A divided City Council agreed Wednesday to lift the Chicago ban on sports betting —and impose a 2% tax on gross revenues from it — paving the way for sportsbooks to open in and around Soldier Field, Wrigley Field, Guaranteed Rate Field, the United Center and Wintrust Arena.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.16.21: Illinois Sports Betting Approved For Chicago Stadium Sportsbooks
- Illinois sports betting now can be offered via retail sportsbooks at stadiums in Chicago.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.16.21: Why Might Ontario Sports Betting Be Delayed By Months?
- Ontario sports betting might not be fully live for another three months as regulators figure out the final details of the market.