Industry News of the Day for December 17, 2020
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 12.17.20 – Entain Links With Verizon Media To Pursue New Interactive Opportunities
- Media and technology firm Verizon Media and sports-betting and gaming operator Entain have entered into what they describe as a “global innovation alliance to develop new opportunities across interactive sports and entertainment.”
- iGB North America, 12.17.20 – State Of The Union: Michigan, Hard Rock, New Jersey And More
- This week’s State of the Union, in partnership with Segev LLP, includes Michigan’s first online gaming licenses, Hard Rock’s new online gaming joint venture and yet another record month for sports betting in New Jersey.
Overall Industry News:
- US Bets, 12.17.20 – SWIMA Seeks To Maintain Smooth Sailing In Sports Betting Industry
- The two-year-old integrity monitoring group took center stage at a recent virtual conference.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.16.20 – NY Governor Cuomo: ‘How About Sports Betting’ For New Revenue?
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo suggested sports betting could be a way to help NY raise new revenue as the state faces a shortfall of funds for its budget.
- iGB North America, 12.17.20 – New York Sports Betting Revenue Doubles In November
- Gross gaming revenue from sports betting in the state of New York doubled year-on-year in November to $2.6m, according to new figures published by the State Gaming Commission.
- Elite Sports NY, 12.16.20 – What Will NY Online Sports Betting Look Like When Approved?
- NY online sports betting is inevitable. Here is what New Yorkers can expect when lawmakers eventually pass sports betting legislation.
- PlayNJ, 12.16.20 – 5 Reasons Why NJ Online Casino May Soon See First $100 Million Month
- For those wondering if NJ online casino revenue would exceed $90 million for the second straight month, the answer is yes.
- PlayPennsylvania, 12.16.20 – November To Remember For PA Sportsbooks: Record Revenue, Taxes, And Huge YOY Growth
- Pennsylvania’s sports betting market continues to look merry and bright. Handle totaled about $492 million in November, down just 6.4% from the record $525.8 million set in October.
- Penn Bets, 12.17.20 – Pennsylvania’s COVID-Era Rise In Online Sports Betting And Casino Play Comes To An End
- The phenomenal growth of Pennsylvania’s sports betting industry finally ground to a halt in November, experiencing its first decline in the volume of wagers since major sports returned from COVID pandemic shutdowns.
- Gambling.Com, 12.16.20 – Pennsylvania November Sports Betting Handle Down 6.4%
- Coming off an October state record for monthly sports wagering handle, Pennsylvania saw a 6.4% decrease in November.
- Penn Bets, 12.16.20 – BetMGM Bringing Online Sportsbook To PA Quick On Heels Of iCasino Launch
- Just two weeks after arriving in Pennsylvania with its iCasino, BetMGM is launching its online sportsbook this week.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.16.20 – A Physical Sportsbook Is Still Embarrassing A Sports Betting App In DC
- What many see as a missed opportunity for Washington DC sports betting is what the DC Lottery calls business as expected.
- The Southern Maryland Chronicle, 12.16.20 – Maryland Sports Betting Legislation
- Choosing the leader of the free world wasn’t the only thing Maryland voters were deciding in early November. They also decided whether they want to welcome sports betting in the Old-Line State and did so by a whopping two to one margin.
- Lexington Herald-Leader, 12.16.20 – Beshear Tells Lawmakers To Be ‘Bold’ And Pass Betting Bills, Medical Marijuana
- Andy Beshear called on state legislators Wednesday to approve sports betting and historical horse racing in their upcoming session to generate revenue for more investment in education, infrastructure and other needs.
- The Action Network, 12.16.20 – Why Illinois’ Online Sports Betting Mobile Registration Will Likely Continue
- Illinois bettors’ remote registration access will be extended for at least another few weeks. And probably a few weeks after that. And a few more weeks after that.
- PlayTenn, 12.16.20 – NC Sports Betting Takes Big Step Forward With Compact Signature
- North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper signed an amended gaming compact with the Eastern Band or Cherokee Indians on Tuesday, setting the stage for legal sports betting in the Tar Heel State.
- Gambling.Com, 12.16.20 – NC Lawmaker Outlines Timeline For Expanding Sports Betting
- The question of broader sports wagering in North Carolina should be settled by July 1.
- PlayNevada, 12.16.20 – And The Winner Is: Nevada Approves NBA, NCAA Individual Futures Betting
- Just prior to the tipoff of the new NBA season, the Nevada Gaming Control Board approved four new futures wagers.