iDEA Growth Member News:
- Play USA, 12.16.21: Golden Nugget Ends Deal To Become Publicly Traded Company
- Billionaire Tilman Fertitta has decided not to take his company, Fertitta Entertainment, public through a merger with a special-purpose acquisition company (SPAC).
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 12.17.21: SportsHandle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- Bloomberg, 12.17.21: Old ESPN Stars Sign On With Gambling Ventures in New Media Push
- For the past several years, sports-betting companies have been gobbling up commercial time during the breaks in all manner of sports programming. Now the sportsbooks are trying a new tactic — taking over the programming too.
- SBC, 12.17.21: New Jersey Hits $100m+ Revenue As November Sports Wagering Nears $1.3bn
- New Jersey’s online and retail sportsbooks quickened their record-setting pace in November, becoming the first state to produce more than $100m in revenue in a single month off of nearly $1.3bn in wagering.
- Play NJ, 12.17.21: NJ Sportsbooks Celebrate Historic November, Report New Monthly Revenue Record
- New Jersey sportsbooks set a new monthly record in November, reporting nearly $114.8 million in total revenue.
- Play VA, 12.16.21: DC Sportsbooks Get Revenge On Sports Bettors With Big November Take
- November 2021 sports betting in the nation’s capital saw a dip in overall wagering, but not at all of the district’s sportsbooks.
- Action Network, 12.17.21: When Will New Yorkers Be Able to Legally Bet on Sports Online?
- After years of watching neighboring New Jersey rack up millions of dollars in tax revenue — many of which came from New York residents crossing the border — from online sports betting and iGaming, New York finally legalized online gambling and should launch soon.
- Play NY, 12.16.21: Online Sports Betting Legal In NY, But Could DFS Be Illegal Come 2022? It’s Possible
- The following scenario sounds mind-boggling, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility:
- Westport News, 12.16.21: Connecticut Nets $4M In First Full Month Of Sports Betting
- Connecticut raked in more than $4 million in revenue from its nascent online gambling and sports wagering industry in November, the first full month of legalized betting.
- US Bets, 12.16.21: Connecticut Operators Generate $132 Million In Sports Betting Handle In First Full Month
- Connecticut’s Department of Consumer Protection on Thursday morning shared its revenue report for the first full month of digital sports betting and iCasino, and DraftKings led in November in terms of wagering handle on both fronts — but trailed rival FanDuel in sports betting revenue.
- Action Network, 12.16.21: Maryland Advances Mobile Sports Betting Rules, Opens Additional Retail Sportsbooks
- Caesars, FanDuel and BetMGM have all opened retail sportsbooks in the state of Maryland, which looks like it won’t have to wait much longer for mobile betting.
- WBRZ, 12.16.21: Louisiana’s initial sports betting numbers show big return
- More than $27 million in sports bets were placed in the state over the first two months, and casinos collected $5 million in that time.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.16.21: Alberta Regulators Aim To Expand Canada Sports Betting
- Alberta joins Ontario as provinces looking to expand options for sports betting in Canada.
- KKTV, 12.17.21: Colorado Sports Betting Sees Record Breaking Month, Nearly Half Of All Bets Placed In October Were On Football
- Colorado sports betting recently saw a record-breaking month in October.