iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 12.17.20 – Illinois Sports Betting Handle Tops $430 Million; DraftKings, BetRivers Fight For Market Lead
- Illinois sports betting continued its rapid growth in October, with handle climbing 42% month-on-month to a record $434 million.
- PlayUSA, 12.17.20 – Regulated Sports Betting Provides Solutions For Athletes, Sports (Sportradar)
- When a lot of people think about the legalization of wagering on sporting events, the dominant paradigm is money. However, the regulation of sports betting reaches many more aspects of life and sport.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.17.20 – BetMGM Parent Teams Up With Verizon To Build Virtual Reality Betting Experience
- Entain — the company behind the BetMGM platform in the US — and Verizon have teamed up to develop sports betting experiences using the latest digital technologies such as virtual reality and 5G.
- PlayUSA, 12.17.20 – PlayUSA Rewind: No Stopping New Jersey’s Record Breaking Month
- Usually, around this time of year, the records being set are on the gridiron. Most passing touchdowns in a season, most rushing yards, most receiving yards, you get the idea.
- iGB North America, 12.18.20 – PA Sets New Sports And iGaming Revenue Records In November
- Pennsylvania broke its sports betting and online gambling revenue records in November, though declining land-based revenue led to a year-on-year drop in the state’s monthly total.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.17.20 – NFL Schedule Shares Blame For PA Sports Betting Handle Dip To $490M In November
- The Pennsylvania sports betting market has been growing and breaking records just like most others – until November, that is.
- PlayPennsylvania, 12.17.20 – BetMGM Sportsbook Ready To Rumble In PA With Penn National In Their Corner
- BetMGM is now ready to throw its hat into the ring. The fast-growing Pennsylvania sports betting market makes way for yet another heavy hitter as BetMGM Online Sportsbook goes live.
- Sports Handle, 12.17.20 – Connecticut Tribal Leader Says Governor ‘More Of A Partner’ On Sports Betting
- In Connecticut, which is facing a more than $125 million budget deficit for FY 2020, there are other signs pointing toward 2021 being the year to legalize retail and digital sports betting and iGaming.
- WUKY, 12.17.20 – Beshear Advocates For Sports Betting, Medical Marijuana In 2021
- Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear laid out priorities he’d like to see the state legislature take up in 2021, but many items are likely to be a tough sell in a Republican-dominated General Assembly.
- Chicago Tribune, 12.17.20 – Illinois Sports Betting Wagers Hit $435 Million In October As Online Apps Grow
- Sports betting is getting bigger in Illinois, especially from the comfort of your own couch.
- Sports Handle, 12.17.20 – Illinois Sports Betting Handle Surges To $434.6 Million For October
- Aided by having all five of its mobile sports betting operators available online for the entire month for the first time since operators went live in March, the Illinois Gaming Board on Thursday announced a record handle of nearly $434.6 million in October.
- News Center 1, 12.17.20 – Deadwood Gaming Officials Hopeful Sports Betting Amendment Will Help Gambling, Community Revenue
- Officials of the Deadwood Gaming Association estimate that sports betting could provide a 15-percent increase in annual revenue.
- Associated Press, 12.17.20 – Louisiana Lawmakers OK Fantasy Sports Betting Regulations
- Louisiana lawmakers agreed Wednesday to regulations governing fantasy sports betting in the 47 parishes that approved it two years ago, setting in motion the process for approving operators so the competitions for online cash prizes can begin.
- The Center Square, 12.17.20 – Signatures Filed For Ballot Initiative To Legalized Sports Betting In California
- In California, the Coalition to Authorize Regulated Sports Wagering reported filing more than 1.4 million signatures for a ballot initiative to legalize sports betting at American Indian gaming casinos and licensed racetracks.