iDEA Growth in the News:
- US Bets, 12.22.21: If You’re Waiting For Online Casinos To Arrive In Your State … Keep Waiting (John Pappas quoted, iDEA mentioned)
- On Jan. 22 of this year, Michigan launched both online sports betting and online casinos. It was, as these things go, one of the more orderly launches in American gaming history.
Overall Industry News:
- ESPN, 12.22.21: Is Momentum Real? An In-depth Investigation Of Sports’ Most Overused Term
- THE JOURNEY BEGAN, like so many frustrating and ultimately fruitless quests, with the 2019 Florida State Seminoles.
- Sports Handle, 12.22.21: 2021 Look Back: States That Legalized And/Or Launched Sports Betting
- If it seemed like a new state was legalizing or launching sports betting every time you turned around in 2021 that’s because … well, somewhere, one was.
- SBC, 12.22.21: Pennsylvania Shatter State Revenue Record In November
- Pennsylvania’s sportsbooks smashed the state’s revenue record in November with nearly $85m from more than $760m in wagering, according to PlayPennsylvania, which tracks regulated online gaming and sports betting in the state.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.22.21: Pennsylvania Sportsbooks Smash Revenue Record In November
- Pennsylvania sportsbooks almost doubled their monthly revenue record in November thanks to strong handle and a gaudy hold rate.
- Play NY, 12.22.21: Pretlow: NY Online Sports Betting Server Negotiations Complete, Late January Launch Possible
- Servers have been negotiated between New York online sports betting operators and NY casinos, state assemblyman Gary Pretlow told PlayNY.
- Play 12.21.21: Sen. Addabbo Sees 2021 As Gaming Win For NY Despite Cuomo Administration
- New York State Sen. Joe Addabbo is satisfied with his team’s progress this year.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.22.21: Is Connecticut Already In The Top 10 Sports Betting States?
- In its first full month of operation, CT sports betting is already booming.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.22.21; Maryland Sportsbooks Keep Opening … Slowly
- Maryland sportsbooks continue to trickle open.
- Play USA, 12.21.21: Missouri Legislators To Attempt Legalizing Sports Betting In 2022, But Prevailing Issues Remain
- 2022 looks to be another year full of optimism and prospects to change the legal gambling landscape in Missouri. Just like in previous years, it looks like there will be multiple versions of a Missouri sports betting bill with variant clauses that might sideline all of them.
- Sports Handle, 12.22.21: Don’t Bet On Texas
- The historical linchpin of Texas’ economy, oil, was built on speculation. The phrase “strike it rich” has its very origin in mining for crude (and gold), just as the term “wildcatter” has never been associated with a wariness of risk.
- Sports Handle, 12.21.21: Kentucky Sports Betting Bill Will Be Revived In 2022, But Even Supporters Are Pessimistic
- There are ample metaphors for the sports betting situation in Kentucky.