iDEA Growth Member News:
- Play USA, 12.22.21: PointsBet Sportsbook Finally Launches In Virginia
- PointsBet has launched its sports betting platform in Virginia.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 12.23.21: SportsHandle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- US Bets, 12.22.21: Five Key Sports Betting Takeaways From National Meeting Of Legislators
- Each year, a contingent of influential legislators from top gambling states convene for two semi-annual meetings to discuss germane issues impacting the industry, as the states compare notes on effective policymaking initiatives across the sports betting ecosystem.
- Sports Handle, 12.24.21: Get A Grip — The Week In Sports Betting: Ads, DraftKings In Oregon, Openings In MD & AZ
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- Sports Handle, 12.23.21: New SI Sportsbook Promises Unique Experience, Nimble Technology
- In the 1970s and 1980s, before we all could hold news in the palms of our hands 24/7, it was a thing to rush to the mailbox … and hope that your favorite magazine had arrived.
- Play OH, 12.22.21: Ohio Sportsbooks Could Generate $12 Billion In Wagers As Gov. Mike DeWine Signs Sports Betting Bill
- Ohio’s sports betting market is capable of producing as much as $900 million in gaming revenue, $12 billion in wagers, and $90 million in state taxes once the market matures, according to estimates from PlayOhio, which tracks the state’s regulated online gaming and sports betting market.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.22.21: Done Deal: Ohio Governor Signs Sports Betting Into Law
- Gov. Mike DeWine signed Ohio sports betting into law on Wednesday, paving the way for the market to launch sometime in 2022.
- Sports Handle, 12.22.21: It’s Official! Ohio Governor Signs Off On Comprehensive Legal Sports Betting Law
- Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine signed sports betting into law Wednesday afternoon, two weeks after a bill shot through the state legislature in mere hours.
- Play USA, 12.22.21: Illinois Governor Lifts Ban On In-State College Betting
- Bettors in Illinois can now wager on in-state college teams.