iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 12.2.20 – 888 Doubles US Sports Betting Reach With Access Deals For Three New States
- 888 has secured market access for online sports betting, poker and casino in three new states.
- PlayIndiana, 12.2.20 – Launching In Indiana Is A ‘No Brainer’ For 888Sport
- Another new online sportsbook plans to launch in Indiana in 2021. 888Sport will become the state’s 11th online betting app if it’s able to come to market soon.
- SBC Americas, 12.3.20 – FanDuel In Unique Tie-Up With Bud Light And The Denver Broncos
- FanDuel Group, Bud Light and the Denver Broncos, have confirmed the formation of what they describe as a first-of-its-kind branded mobile sportsbook partnership this week.
- NJ Online Gambling, 12.2.20 – Golden Nugget Online Gaming Closer To Being Listed On NASDAQ Following Merger Approval
- The leading New Jersey online casino operator is doubling down on its virtual gaming emphasis.
- SBC Americas, 12.3.20 – Turning The Tide On COVID-19: Why Online Is Key To US Recovery
- The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has fast-tracked opportunities for online and mobile betting across the US, as state legislators look for new ways to generate lost revenues and reboot their economies.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC Americas, 12.2.20 – BOSA-Digital: In Conversation With MGM Resorts CEO Bill Hornbuckle
- Bill Hornbuckle CEO of MGM Resorts opened proceedings on day two of SBC’s Betting on Sports America – Digital event on Wednesday this week. Speaking with ESPN staff writer David Purdum, he covered significant industry ground tackling issues such as the leagues’ relationship with stakeholders and the prospects for in-play betting.
- Sports Handle, 12.2.20 – New York Lawmakers, Stakeholders Desperate For Online Sports Betting
- The longer New York goes without legal online sports betting, the more willing lawmakers and stakeholders are to negotiate.
- Gambling.Com, 12.2..20 – Q&A With Maryland State Sen. Craig Zucker On Sports Betting
- Maryland voters passed sports betting by nearly a 2-to-1 margin on Nov. 3. The referendum question was a bare bones yes-or-no with tax money going toward education but with no details about what sports wagering would look like in Maryland.
- WSMV, 12.2.20 – One Month Into Sports Betting In TN, Here’s How It’s Going
- Online sports betting has been legal in the state for about one month, so we checked in with Action 24/7 owner Tina Hodges.
- WOODTV, 12.2.20 – Tribal Casinos Prepare For Online Gambling
- Tribal casinos in Michigan are preparing to offer online gambling, with the state expected to announce a start date in a matter of weeks.
- US Bets, 12.3.20 – Chicago Mayor’s Office Releases Feedback from Downtown Casino RFI
- The Mayor’s office in Chicago released a summary of feedback from 11 respondents Wednesday from its Request For Information as the city continues to explore the feasibility of building a casino in the downtown area.
- Gambling.Com, 12.2.20 – Ohio State Senator: We’ve Made Progress On Sports Betting Bill
- With less than a month left in 2020, sports betting legislation is slowly progressing through Ohio’s 133rd General Assembly.
- Colorado Politics, 12.3.20 – Sports Betting Revenue, Taxes Continue To Rise In Colorado
- Though COVID-19 economic impacts have slowed its progress, Colorado’s sports betting market is still looking up, according to a report from Gambling.com.
- iGB North America, 12.3.20 – Sports Bet Montana Pays Out $11.4M Since Launch
- Sports Bet Montana has paid out more than $11.4m to sports bettors in the state since wagering began in March, with small businesses offering the Sports Bet Montana service have earned more than $718,000 in commission.