Industry News of the Day for December 5, 2019
iDEA Growth Member News:
- iGaming Business, 12.4.19 – Oregon Lottery sports betting stakes hit $17.1m in November
- Oregon residents wagered $17.1m via the state lottery’s SBTech-powered sports betting app Scoreboard in November, the first full month of legal mobile wagering in the state.
- Gambling Compliance, 12.5.19 – Google Greenlights U.S. Online Casino Ads (subscription paywall)
- Google is preparing to update its gambling and games advertising policy to allow for operators licensed in several U.S. states to promote online casinos.
- Bloomberg,12.4.19 – Intrade Founder Takes Another Shot At A Sports Betting Exchange
- One of the founders of Intrade, a popular marketplace for political predictions that shuttered in 2013, is betting that Americans are ready to gamble on sports like they trade stocks.
- Play USA, 12.4.19 – The Top 10 US Gambling News Stories Of 2019
- Thanksgiving has passed, which means it’s time to start preparing for the end-of-year holidays. A time to set out resolutions for the New Year and plan to do better. But before we say goodbye to 2019, we are going to take a look at the top gambling news stories of the year.
- Sports Handle, 12.5.19 – Michigan Pushing Sports Betting To Limit Again
- If anything came out of Tuesday’s Regulatory Reform Committee meeting in the Michigan Senate it was this: legal sports betting faces the same two hurdles it did when the full House passed a measure to legalize in late October.
- Sports Handle, 12.4.19 – Eklund Shares Cautious Optimism In Ohio Sports Betting Moving Forward
- Ohio state senator John Eklund, like his state house counterpart, is cautiously optimistic there will be a sports betting law to pass in the Buckeye State in 2020.
- Fox 8, 12.4.19 – North Carolina Lottery Takes First Step Toward Offering Instant Games Online
- Soon, it could take only the click of a button to play the North Carolina lottery.
- Gambling Compliance, 12.5.19 – California Cardrooms Slam ‘Hidden Purpose’ Of Tribes’ Sports-Betting Initiative (subscription paywall)
- An attempt by Indian tribes in California to hold a referendum on sports betting next year faces stiff opposition from the state’s cardroom industry, who argue the proposal is an effort to tighten the tribes’ monopoly on gaming in the state.
- Online Poker Report, 12.5.19 – Virginia Study Showcases The Good, The Bad, The Ugly For Expanding Gambling
- When Virginia lawmakers passed bill SB 1126 in May, it represented a compromise of sorts between proponents and opponents of gambling in the Commonwealth.