Industry News of the Day for December 6, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 12.6.21: FanDuel To Honor American Underdog Movie At Latest Fanfest Live Event Experience
- FanDuel Group, part of Flutter Entertainment plc, has announced the latest instalment of its FanFest celebration, presented by Lionsgate’s American Underdog at WestWorld in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 12.6.21: What’s On Tap: Heisman Ceremony, NFL Week 14, And Foxwoods Ribbon Cutting
- Each Monday, our “What’s on Tap” series previews the week ahead in the world of sports betting. Come here for a summary of upcoming financial happenings, legislative and regulatory meetings, industry conferences, top games scheduled for the week, and much more.
- IGB, 12.6.21: Madison Square Garden Backs AGA’s Responsible Gambling Campaign
- Madison Square Garden Sports (MSG Sports) and Madison Square Garden Entertainment (MSG Entertainment) have declared their support for the American Gaming Association’s (AGA) ‘Have A Game Plan. Bet Responsibly’ campaign.
- Sports Handle, 12.3.21: Get A Grip — The Week In Sports Betting: SBC, California, Florida, And Disney Possibilities
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- IGB, 12.3.21: Connecticut Sports Betting Handle Reaches $54.1m In Opening 20 Days
- Consumers in Connecticut spent $54.1m betting on sports online during the first 20 days of legal betting in the US state.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.6.21: Ohio Sports Betting Votes Could Come This Week After Agreement
- After months of inaction and negotiating, there is now an agreement to legalize sports betting in Ohio.
- Sports Handle, 12.3.21: Ohio Senate President On Board With New Sports Betting Proposal
- Ohio Senate President Matt Huffman has signed off on a new legal sports betting proposal, according to an industry source, and language for a new bill could be finalized by the middle of next week.
- ESPN, 12.4.21: Florida Sportsbook Halts Betting After Federal Court Ruling
- The Hard Rock sportsbook in Florida suspended wagering Saturday morning, one day after another adverse federal court ruling regarding the state’s compact that had allowed the Seminole Tribe to offer sports betting since early November.
- Sports Handle, 12.3.21: Another Federal Court Tells Seminoles To Take Down Florida Sports Betting Platform
- For the third time in less than two weeks, a federal court has ruled that the Seminole Tribe should cease offering live digital sports betting in Florida.
- IGB, 12.6.21: Rhode Island Latest State To Smash Sports Betting Handle Record In October
- Rhode Island has become the latest US state to set a new sports betting handle record in the month of October, with consumers wagering a total of $60.2m.
- SBC, 12.6.21: Stillaguamish And Kalispel Tribes Celebrate Sports Betting Launches In Washington
- The Stillaguamish and Kalispel Tribes have been celebrating the launch of sports betting at their respective casinos, following the September introduction of sports betting at the Snoqualmie Tribe’s casino.