- Sportico: Fanatics Valued At $31 Billion As Clearlake Leads $700M Round
- Fanatics has raised roughly $700 million from a series of new and existing investors in a round that values the company at $31 billion, according to someone familiar with the details.
- US Bets: Sportsbook Industry Fails The Crisis Communication Test
- We are now in week three of the DraftKings and FanDuel (and, apparently, other online sportsbooks) cyber hack, phishing attack, password scam, third-party breach, whatever you want to call it.
- Sports Handle: Are Arizona Tribes Being Left Behind As Sports Wagering Grows?
- When Arizona tribes in 2021 agreed to a sports betting framework that allowed an equal number of sportsbooks at professional sporting venues, there were rumblings throughout the nation from tribes who felt that their Arizona counterparts were giving up their monopoly on gaming.
- PlayFL: Court Grants Amici Parties Time During Oral Arguments Of Florida Sports Betting Appeal
- Shortly after the final briefs were filed in the Florida sports betting appeal, parties began jockeying for oral argument time. The three most relevant parties in the case were the Seminole Tribe, the Department of the Interior and West Flagler Associates. Those three parties were basically guaranteed time during the oral argument process on Dec. 14. But in this specific case, other amici groups wanted to speak as well.
- Legal Sports Report: New Sportsbook Operator Heading To Louisiana Sports Betting
- In its first year of sports betting, Louisiana has not seen many new sportsbooks, but that is set to change in early 2023. Betway expects to launch mobile LA sports betting in the first quarter of 2023, according to the company’s recent Q3 earnings call. The company will also launch Ohio sports betting in Q1 2023.
- MassLive: Frustrated Massachusetts Regulators Delay Vote On Sports Betting At MGM Springfield
- Gaming regulators delayed a vote on approving a sports betting application from MGM Springfield Wednesday after they expressed frustration with how the document was intertwined with another submission from BetMGM, an online sportsbook that will provide many of the wagering services for the casino.
- SBC Americas: Bet365 Links With SIS To Bring Esports Products To New Jersey
- Bet365 has penned a deal with SIS (Sports Information Services) for the provision of the latter’s Competitive Gaming products for use in New Jersey. Following the agreement, bet365 will be able to launch SIS’s esports suite, beginning with E-basketball, in the Garden State.
- PlayNY: After Record-Breaking First Year, NY Sports Betting Projected To Dip In 2023
- As New York prepared for the launch of legal online sports betting in early 2022, experts believed the industry would quickly become the biggest in the nation. Little did they know just how quickly that would happen.
- PlayPennsylvania: Debate Over State College Casino License Continues With PGCB Hearing Next Week
- The State College area community has been awaiting news regarding the next step in the process for approving or denying the casino license application for the proposed Bally’s Casino in Happy Valley. The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) hearing for the proposed casino at the Nittany Mall in State College is Dec. 14, 2022, in Harrisburg.
- PlayTexas: How The NFL Regulates Sports Betting TV Ads
- When it comes to sportsbooks reaching potential customers during an NFL game, six is the magic number. A sports betting operator can offer a maximum of six commercials. One can air during the pre-game period, one during halftime and then one in each quarter.