Industry News of the Day for December 9, 2022
- SBC Americas: GAN Grows Internet Vikings US Partnership
- GAN has expanded its ongoing collaboration with Internet Vikings, adding 13 US states to their partnership. The online gaming platform provider’s cooperation with the global hosting supplier began back in April with just two states, but as of October 2022, this has grown to 15 states.
- PlayIllinois: Illinois Sets Sports Betting Record, Topping $1 Billion In October
- Illinois sportsbooks have surpassed another major milestone. October marked the first time Illinois sports betting handle surpassed $1 billion in a single month. The latest figures were released Thursday by the Illinois Gaming Board.
- CBS News Boston: Gambling Addiction Non-Profit Advertises Free Slot Play At Plainville Casino
- Advocates for gambling addiction recovery tell WBZ they were “shocked” when the organization tasked with helping people struggling with a gambling addiction advertised free slot play. The Massachusetts Council on Gaming and Health is a non-profit organization contracted by the state to help people struggling with a gambling problem.
- PlayMichigan: Michigan Gaming Control Board Monitoring Situation As Ontario, Alberta Ban UFC Betting
- The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario recently required operators to stop accepting bets on the UFC. Citing integrity concerns due to an ongoing investigation, Ontario bettors are no longer able to wager on the top name in MMA. Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis has followed suit in recent days.
- New York Post: New York Gov. Kathy Hochul Weighs Bill To Let Criminals Work In New York Casinos
- Gov. Kathy Hochul has a piece of legislation sitting on her desk that would allow casino operators to hire a diverse range of convicted felons — from drug peddlers to killers. Current law bars licensed casino operators from hiring anyone convicted of any felony.
- PlayOhio: How To Navigate Geofencing To Bet In Ohio From Out Of State
- Online sportsbooks will be the most popular way to place bets in Ohio once the Ohio sports betting market launches on Jan. 1. And the couple dozen sportsbook apps on their way to Ohio will be available for out-of-state users — but they’ll have to physically be within the state’s borders in order to place their bets.
- PlayUSA: Ohio Casino Industry Just $170 Million Shy Of Yearly Record
- Another profitable month is in the books for Ohio casinos and racinos. For November, the 11 facilities took in a combined $183.6 million in gaming revenue, up from $178.8 million reported in November 2021. At this rate, the industry is on pace to surpass the yearly total of $2.3 billion generated in 2021.
- PennBets: New Authentication Steps Coming To All Online Gaming Sites
- Online casino and sportsbook operations have recently begun implementing a Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board requirement that multi-factor authentication be adopted by the end of the year for customers to use their accounts.