- Gaming News: Caesars Sportsbook And Casino Teams Up With Konami Gaming
- The Las Vegas-based subsidiary of Konami Group Corporation and leading developer and manufacturer of casino management systems and slot machines, Konami Gaming, expanded the reach of its leading online slots by joining forces with Caesars Sportsbook and Casino.
- Sports Handle: Colorado Surpasses $10 Billion In Sports Wagering Handle
- Colorado became the seventh state in the post-PASPA era to surpass $10 billion in all-time sports wagering handle Tuesday after the Department of Revenue reported more than $518 million worth of accepted bets for the month of December. The Centennial State joins New Jersey, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Illinois, New York, and Indiana in that select circle, reaching the benchmark in 32 months of wagering.
- SBC Americas: Georgia Sports Betting Bill Would Offer 18 Online Licenses, Has 10 Senators On Board
- A bill filed to the Senate of Georgia and supported by 11 senators would legalize sports betting under the remit of the Georgia Lottery Corporation. SB 57 was filed by Senators Hickman, Dixon, Harbison, Beach, Sims, Anavitarte, Summers, Mallow, Albers, and Halpern and would allow 18 sports betting licenses to be awarded to both sports teams and commercial operators.
- Play Georgia: Nearly 50% Support Legalizing Georgia Sports Betting
- As the General Assembly rolls along in earnest, a recent poll by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution revealed that most residents still support the legalization of Georgia online sports betting. The news outlet of note in the state, you can bet plugged-in political operators are aware of the poll’s findings as lawmakers work to craft legislation during the session.
- WGME-TV: Maine Targets Summer Rollout After Hearing On Sports Betting Rules; Ad Limits Proposed
- Sports gambling in Maine is a big step closer to getting underway, but Maine broadcasters and tribal leaders say some of the proposed rules go too far. On Tuesday, the Maine Gambling Control Unit held its final public hearing on the rules that will govern sports wagering in Maine. It paves the way for the first bets to be placed perhaps as early as this summer.
- PlayMichigan: First Month Of Interstate Poker Brings Massive Traffic Boost To PokerStars Michigan
- The numbers don’t lie for Michigan interstate online poker. Player traffic and tournament prize pools are up significantly on PokerStars MI since joining player pools with PokerStars NJ on Jan. 1, 2023. The merger was PokerStars’ first venture into shared liquidity and Michigan’s first operator to bring interstate poker to the Mitten State.
- PlayUSA: DraftKings, FanDuel Claim New York Online Sports Betting Is Unsustainable
- New York online sports betting raced out to the most successful launch in the country. But market leaders DraftKings and FanDuel warned lawmakers that revenue in future years will fall short of state projections without a reduction in the tax rate. Speaking at a joint public committee hearing to evaluate the economic impact of online sports betting in New York after year one, DraftKings CEO Jason Robins and FanDuel President Christian Genetski argued that the New York online sports betting market is on the wrong trajectory.
- PlayOhio: Intralot’s Ohio Sports Betting Kiosks Finally Going Live
- Several businesses across Ohio over the past week have been reporting that the sports betting kiosks operated by gaming company Intralot are now operational, weeks after the official launch of sports betting statewide on Jan. 1. Since Ohio sports betting kicked off at the beginning of the year, media reports around the state spotlighted frustrations from bars and restaurants that were saying their Intralot-run machines were not yet available for patrons.
- PlayTexas: Polled Texans Strongly Favor Expanded Gambling In State
- Texans have shown yet again that they want more gambling options in the state. A recent survey by the University of Houston found that 75% of adults support current gambling legislation filed by Sen. Carol Alvarado. No matter the gender, ethnicity, political affiliation or region of Texas where respondents call home, expanding gambling opportunities found significant support across all polled Texans.
- WCAX-TV: Online Sports Betting Bill Introduced In Vermont House
- Vermont lawmakers have introduced a bill to legalize sports betting. The proposal is for online betting only, not brick-and-mortar operations. It is expected to bring about $10 million in revenue annually into state coffers and would be administered by the Department of Liquor and Lottery.
- Legal Sports Report: Bill To Reinstate VA Sports Betting Deductions Changed
- An industry-backed proposal that would return VA sports betting promotional deductions for all operators was amended to lower those potential deductions. Both SB 1142 and HB 2202 moved in their respective chambers Tuesday. SB 1142 was referred out of Finance and Appropriations by an 11-4 vote, while HB 2202 was passed out of a General Laws subcommittee by a 6-2 vote.