Industry News of the Day for February 16, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas, 2.15.21 – Kambi’s State Of The Nation: Why In-Game Betting Is The Key Battleground For US Sportsbooks
- In the first of a series of monthly breakdowns of the US betting industry, Evan Schaffner– Kambi’s Head of Partner Success for U.S. and Latin America – takes a look at why the appetite for in-game wagering is on the rise and why this could prove to be the key battleground for US sportsbooks.
- SBC Americas, 2.16.21 – DraftKings Appoints Jennifer Aguiar As Chief Compliance Officer
- DraftKings Inc has named Jennifer Aguiar, CRP, CRCM, CAMS, CIPP/US as its new Chief Compliance Officer, an executive level position that reports directly to the company’s co-founder, CEO and Chairman Jason Robins.
- The Detroit News, 2.15.21 – Michigan Gaming Control Board Authorizes Pala Interactive As Latest To Launch Online Gambling
- The Michigan Gaming Control Board on Monday authorized the launch of another online gaming and sports betting operator.
- Legal Sports Report, 2.16.21 – The Week In Sports Betting News: Super Bowl Reaches New Legal High
- Sports betting news was largely Super Bowl-focused last week, with legislative issues sprinkled into the back half of the week.
- Sports Handle, 2.15.21: What’s On Tap: The Week Ahead In Sports Betting: NHL Outdoors At Lake Tahoe, FCS Spring Football, And Aussie Open Final
- Come here for a summary of upcoming financial happenings, legislative and regulatory meetings, industry conferences, top games scheduled for the week, and much more.
- EGR North America, 2.16.21 – JP Morgan: US Sports Betting Market Could Hit $9.2B By 2025 (subscription paywall)
- The U.S. sports betting market could be worth $9.2bn by 2025 according to a new report by JP Morgan.
- Gambling Insider, 2.16.21 – Joe Kustelski: Future Of Sports Betting Intertwined With Media Companies
- Media companies are great partners for sports betting operators, which is why they are pairing up left and right.
Sports League News:
- Los Angeles Business News, 2.15.21 – Apps, Alternate Feeds Offer Ways To Target Sports Bettors Only
- There are areas in which the NFL and teams could serve those hungry for sports betting content without alienating those who wanted no part of it.
- Sports Handle, 2.15.21 – New Hampshire Bettors Win Big During Super Bowl, Sports Media Yawns
- Bettors in New Hampshire crushed the Super Bowl, wagering $7.1 million and winning $8.8 million.
- iGB North America, 2.15.21 – Delaware iGaming Continues Recovery After Strong January
- Delaware igaming revenue continued to lift in January with handle and revenue rising for the second straight month.
- TN Bets, 2.15.21 – A Look At All The Gambling Bills On The Table In Tennessee This Session
- Tennessee legalized sports betting in 2019, kicking off the activity in late 2020. It was a major milestone for a state without any casinos or racetracks.
- Lineups, 2.15.21 – New Updates On Kansas’ Quest For Legal Sports Betting
- Kansas continues to look into legalizing sports betting, and the Kansas Senate is currently leading that charge.
- Sports Handle, 2.15.21 – Arizona House Rules Committee Approves Sports Betting Proposal
- Sports betting continued its march through the Arizona House on Monday, when the Rules Committee approved it, 6-2, with amendments.
- The Action Network, 2.15.21 – Arizona Sports Betting Bill Looks To Get Back On Track
- After an unexpected delay, Arizona’s sports betting legislation backers are hoping to regain momentum this week.
- PlayCA, 2.15.21 – Casino M8trix Lawsuit Is Epitome Of Clashing Interests In CA Gambling Industry
- A new Casino M8trix lawsuit against the city it inhabits, San Jose, is proof of how different interests can compete with each other in the Golden State.
- iGB North America, 2.15.21 – Oregon Lottery Scoreboard Revenue Doubles In January
- The Oregon Lottery’s sports betting brand, Scoreboard, brought in $3.87m in gross gaming revenue (GGR) for January 2021, up 119.4%, from total betting turnover of $34.9m, up 65.3%.
- WSN, 1.16.21 – Progress In Washington Sports Betting Stalled From Tribal Opposition Within State
- It seems clear that impending passage for sports wagering legislation in the state of Washington is not at hand or potentially close.