iDEA Growth Member News
- Wall Street Journal, 2.16.21 – DraftKings Names New Compliance Chief
- DraftKings Inc. named a new compliance chief as the company shuffles executive oversight of enterprise risk, compliance and regulatory affairs.
- SBC Americas, 2.16.21 – Scientific Games’ Keith O’Loughlin: Sportsbook Reliability Key For Future US Sporting Events
- As the popularity of legalized betting sweeps across multiple states, do operators have the technical capabilities to welcome vast numbers of new customers around major sporting events?
- Legal Sports Report, 2.16.21 – TheScore COO Weighs In On Acquisition Talk, Iowa Sports Betting Launch
- On the heels of stock growth, acquisition rumors and potential sports betting legalization in Canada, theScore is making more moves. The Canadian media company and sportsbook operator is launching theScore Bet in its fourth U.S. state today: Iowa.
- NJ Online Gambling, 2.16.21 – WynnBet Inks Multi-State Sports Betting Data Partnership With Genius Sports
- Genius Sports Group has signed an official sports betting data partnership with WynnBET covering several states including New Jersey, the companies announced on Tuesday.
Overall Industry News:
- CNBC, 2.16.21 – Online Gambling Is Sending Sports Betting ETFs To Record Highs
- ETF players are doubling down on the online gambling and sports betting arena in 2021.
- Legal Sports Report, 2.16.21 – NJ Sports Betting Regulator Declines To Name Operators In Reverse Withdrawal Row
- The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE) is declining to name which operators encouraged players to reverse withdrawals and gamble on.
- Sports Handle, 2.16.21 – Handle 19 Will Have To Resubmit DC Sports Betting Application
- Handle 19 won’t be opening in Washington, D.C., as soon as it would have liked.
- Washington City Paper, 2.16.21 – New Hospitality Group Bets Sports Gambling Will Give Them An Edge
- A newly formed hospitality group with two D.C. projects in the works is betting sports gambling will help draw people back to bars and restaurants once it’s safe to high five strangers again.
- PlayTenn, 2.16.21 – New Legislation Wants To Limit Sportsbook Connections With Payday Loan Companies
- Tennessee is settling into its new role as an industry leader in sports betting after three months of operations.
- WDRB, 2.16.21 – Kentucky Lawmakers Shouldn’t Pass Up Sports Betting
- Kentucky has totally missed the boat on allowing sports betting.
- Crain’s Detroit Business, 2.17.21 – Michigan Sees $42.7 Million In Online Gambling Receipts In First 9 Days (subscription paywall)
- The launch of legal online casino gambling and sports betting gave a boost to state and city of Detroit coffers.
- Ohio City Beat, 2.17.21 – Will Spots Gambling Be Legalized In Ohio? Lawmakers Giving It Thought
- Seven state senators make up the Select Committee on Gaming, which has begun meeting weekly to hear general testimony on the subjects of legalized sports betting and electronic bingo.
- The Courier, 2.17.21 – Ohio Lawmakers Might Gamble On Sports Betting
- Ohio lawmakers are taking a fresh start to approaching the issue of legalized sports gambling in the Buckeye State.
- Sports Handle, 2.16.21 – Illinois Posts $491.7 Million Sports Betting Handle For December
- Despite lacking a retail sports betting presence, Illinois recorded a high in handle for the seventh straight month as the state’s gaming board reported more than $491.7 million wagered on events in December 2020.
- PlayIllinois, 2.16.21 – Illinois Sets New Record, Approaches Half-A-Billion Wagered On Sports In December
- Illinois sportsbooks recorded $491.7 million worth of bets in December, setting yet another monthly record for the state.
- Kansas City Star, 2.17.21 – COVID-19 Tore A Hole In Kansas’ Budget. Could Legalized Sports Betting Fill It? (subscription paywall)
- The odds may have improved that Kansans could soon legally place wagers on sports. And that would be a good thing for battered state revenues.
- SBC Americas, 2.17.21 – TheScore Bet Now Live In Four States Following Official Launch In Iowa
- Sports fans in Iowa can now access theScore Bet after its official launch in the Hawkeye State this week via a multi-state market access framework agreement with Penn National Gaming.
- PlayIA, 2.16.21 – TheScore Bet Sportsbook Now Live In Iowa, Ready For March Madness
- Score Media and Gaming Inc. on Tuesday said its theScore Bet sportsbook is now live in the state of Iowa. The company enters Iowa through its relationship with the Ameristar Casino in Council Bluffs.
- PlayColorado, 2.16.21 – Offshore Vs. Legal Sports Betting: What’s The Big Deal?
- There’s a risk you take when you go with an offshore sportsbook. You’re gambling once already, so there’s no need to do it twice.
- The Action Network, 2.16.21 – Arizona Historic Horse Racing Bill Not Considered By Committee
- An Arizona Senate committee didn’t take up a historic horse racing legalization bill originally on its Tuesday meeting schedule, leaving a major potential gaming bill in limbo the day before a separate Senate committee is expected to reconsider a sweeping sports betting and daily fantasy bill.