Industry News of the Day for February 18, 2022
iDEA Growth in the News:
- KNSI Radio, 2.17.22: Should We Legalize Sports Betting in Minnesota? Ox Has A Conversation with John Pappas with Idea Growth
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 2.18.22: Strive Gaming Partners With GNOG In Arizona And Ontario
- Strive Gaming, the player account platform (PAM) solution designed for the multi-state requirements of online operators in the North American market, has partnered with Golden Nugget Online Gaming Inc (GNOG).
- SBC, 2.18.22: FanDuel Partners With Free-to-play Games Provider Incentive
- FanDuel Group has partnered with Incentive Games, an independent provider of free-to-play sports and casino games, to help with its launch in the North American market.
- Legal Sports Report, 2.17.22: Golden Nugget Launches First DraftKings-Powered Sportsbook In AZ
- Golden Nugget has launched its first DraftKings-powered sportsbook in Arizona.
- Sports Handle, 2.18.22: Bloomberg Summit: Sports Betting Market In ‘Early Innings’ After Super Bowl Frenzy (mentions FanDuel & Amy Howe)
- About 48 hours before kickoff of Super Bowl LVI, FanDuel CEO Amy Howe described the massive event as a “seminal moment” for her company.
- Sports Handle, 2.17.22: Northern Exposure: Canada’s Curling Disaster, PointsBet Targets Alberta
- Each Thursday, Sports Handle will recap all the top sports betting news in Canada, highlight the Game of the Week, and take a look ahead at some of the most intriguing Canadian games to bet on over the weekend.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 2.18.22: SportsHandle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- IGB, 2.17.22: New Jersey Smashes Sports Betting And Igaming Records In January
- Players in New Jersey bet a record $1.35bn on sports in January, while igaming revenue in the state reached an all-time high during the month despite this being the first month in which mobile betting was available in neighboring New York.
- SBC, 2.18.22: New York Leads The Way For US Sports Betting In 2022 With $125m In Revenue
- The state of New York is already establishing itself as the epicenter of the US sports betting market as it generated $125m in revenue in January 2022 alone, according to PlayNY which tracks the New York gaming market.
- Play NY, 2.17.22: New York Sportsbooks Close January With $1.7 Billion In Wagers
- New York’s online and retail sportsbooks closed the highest-volume month in U.S. history with nearly $125 million in revenue on $1.7 billion in wagers.
- US Bets, 2.17.22: Connecticut Nudges Monthly Sports Betting Handle Record To $158 Million
- Connecticut again showed incremental growth in sports betting handle in January as the state’s Department of Consumer Protection reported $158.1 million worth of wagers took place.
- Play USA, 2.17.22: Minnesota Senators Believe Legislature Is Ready To Legalize Sports Betting
- A bipartisan group of senators held a press conference Wednesday to announce their support of legalizing sports betting in Minnesota this year.
- SBC, 2.18.22: Tennessee Sportsbooks Set New Handle Record To Kick Off 2022
- Tennessee sportsbooks have started 2022 in good form after setting a new handle record in January of more than $386m, according to PlayTenn, which tracks the state’s gaming market.
- The Laurinberg Exchange, 2.18.22: Sports Betting Legislation May Make A Comeback In 2022
- A bill that would legalize mobile sports betting in North Carolina is likely to see significant consideration in the House during the abbreviated spring legislative session.
- WCSC, 2.17.22: Joe Cunningham Proposes Legalizing Sports Betting In South Carolina
- If you watched the Super Bowl over the weekend and had a little wager placed on the game, you weren’t alone. But as 30 states around the country have now legalized sports gambling, South Carolina still has not. One of the candidates running for governor has said, he’s hoping to change that.
- Sports Handle, 2.17.22: South Carolina Lawmakers Look To Get Into Sports Betting Game
- More than a year after a South Carolina sports betting bill was filed, the sponsors are hoping to move it forward, and a gubernatorial candidate says legal wagering is about “freedom” and “liberty.”
- 4029 News, 2.17.22: Joint Subcommittee Approves Rules For Mobile Sports Betting In Arkansas
- Members of the Joint Budget Committee Administrative Rule Subcommittee reviewed and approved the final rule change proposed by the AR Racing Commission allowing for mobile sports betting in Arkansas.